811 seculation

tiptowner

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
811 speculation

Why does the 811 come with a remote that allows for DVR features? Do you think dish may one day have an external hard drive to include DVR functionality? :smug

I had heard a radio announcement (only caught the tail end of it) on my XM that talked about a small external hard drive with DVR features. It was advertising the idea of taking your recorded movies with you and the ability to turn any tv into a DVR. Could this be true, or did I not understnd this commercial?

tiptowner said:
I had heard a radio announcement (only caught the tail end of it) on my XM that talked about a small external hard drive with DVR features. It was advertising the idea of taking your recorded movies with you and the ability to turn any tv into a DVR. Could this be true, or did I not understnd this commercial?

Could it be something like this???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008VFCU/ref%3Dnosim/techtv-20/102-0932524-9520116

You can still use the dvr function buttons for a vcr. I do for all my vcrs except the skip back and skip forward buttons. Much better than the blue buttons for vcr functions.

tiptowner said:

I thought satellite radio was supposed to be commercial free. I was thinking about going with satellite radio, but if I still have to listen to commercials after paying a monthly fee for the privelage of listening, then I guess I'd be better off not getting it.

Stacy

Stacy A:

I thought the same as you, but I got a rave review from a trusted friend and decided to give it a try. Since I got it, I hardly ever listen to anything else. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)