811 seculation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tiptowner

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
811 speculation

Why does the 811 come with a remote that allows for DVR features? Do you think dish may one day have an external hard drive to include DVR functionality? :smug

I had heard a radio announcement (only caught the tail end of it) on my XM that talked about a small external hard drive with DVR features. It was advertising the idea of taking your recorded movies with you and the ability to turn any tv into a DVR. Could this be true, or did I not understnd this commercial?

tiptowner said:
I had heard a radio announcement (only caught the tail end of it) on my XM that talked about a small external hard drive with DVR features. It was advertising the idea of taking your recorded movies with you and the ability to turn any tv into a DVR. Could this be true, or did I not understnd this commercial?

Could it be something like this???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008VFCU/ref%3Dnosim/techtv-20/102-0932524-9520116

You can still use the dvr function buttons for a vcr. I do for all my vcrs except the skip back and skip forward buttons. Much better than the blue buttons for vcr functions.

tiptowner said:

I thought satellite radio was supposed to be commercial free. I was thinking about going with satellite radio, but if I still have to listen to commercials after paying a monthly fee for the privelage of listening, then I guess I'd be better off not getting it.

Stacy

Stacy A:

I thought the same as you, but I got a rave review from a trusted friend and decided to give it a try. Since I got it, I hardly ever listen to anything else. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)