811 to VIP211 upgrade.

Well I plan on upgradeing my 811 to the 211 but right now my local reseller has none in. So makes me wonder when Dish will start sending them out to resellers. Right now the way its going we probally wont see any untill Feb after the new HD Plans and promitons start.

Everytime I call, I am told to wait til Feb 1st...
it's a little over a week, I guess I can wait....
I know when I call on the 1st, I will be in the
cue for quite sometime...lol

I ordered my Vip211 for $50. no trade in required. I can send in one of my receivers, 811 not required for a $25 refund. I am sending them my 311.

Yeah my local reseller called his guy in Dallas who he gets his receivers from and all they had were 411's. So for now he could not get a 211 and sounds like they are trying to get rid of all the 411's since the 211's are replaceing them. So from what I can tell sounds like they wont have any in untill Feb 1st or later.

Last edited:
confused

I'm new to these dish upgrade details and hoping someone will clarify
a bit. I'm with dish now subscribing to HDpak($10) + VOOM($5).
I use a dish811, and use my own local antenna with the 811 tuner to
receive all local HD stations. With this arrangement I have now what will
change for me in February and what would be the most benificial thing
for me to do ?
a) If I call dish now and ask for a swap with 211, will I be able to receive
what I have now + the new VOOM additions and universal HD etc. ??
(I already have a dishes pointing to 61.5 & 110 etc.)
b) Will they charge me more for the programming with the new receiver ??
c) What will happen if I just keep my 811 as is ?
Will the price of programming go up anyway ?
(I dont need their local HD offerings as I use my own local antenna)
Appreciate any feedback.

I've had my 211 up and running for over two weeks now. I elected to keep my 6000 to put elsewhere in the house. Terrific picture on the new 211.
Try Jack Borings in Kansas City.
One word of warning: I could not find a VHF jack on my model.

Have had my 211 now for about 10 days. Only a couple of problems hopefully fixed.. Sound kept going out on sat feeds, but came thru on OTA via 211 receiver.

As I understand it (no more so than does anyone at E*), 2/1 will launch 3 new HD channels. I forget which one will be in MPEG4 or if they will simulcast for a period of time. I think it was more to do with pointing a dish away from 61.5 to 129.

I don't even think THEY know what is going to happen on 2/1.....

Y2k06 said:
Have had my 211 now for about 10 days. Only a couple of problems hopefully fixed.. Sound kept going out on sat feeds, but came thru on OTA via 211 receiver.
As I understand it (no more so than does anyone at E*), 2/1 will launch 3 new HD channels. I forget which one will be in MPEG4 or if they will simulcast for a period of time. I think it was more to do with pointing a dish away from 61.5 to 129.
I don't even think THEY know what is going to happen on 2/1.....

5 voom + ESPN2HD & UniversalHD & Some HDLIL.

If you already have a dish pointing at 61.5 you don't have to move it to 129. Except for the HDLIL all the HD currently on 129 is also on 61.5.

When I called and asked this question they did not know and went ahead and arranged a 1000/DPP44 install just in case....

Yeah saw that Broadcom is buying someone.

Chipmaker Broadcom Corp. <BRCM.O> on Monday said it will buy privately-held semiconductor company Sandburst Corp. for about $80 million to expand its position in the metro ethernet market.

The acquisition is expected to close during the first quarter.

Broadcom said it may take a one-time charge for in-process research and development expenses related to the acquisition.

K4LK said:
I called Tech Support. The swap cost me $49. I should have the 211 by the end of this week. They give you 15 days to return the 811.

What is their problem!

I've called tech support 4 times over 4 days, and they keep saying Feb 1st

How can they add channels Feb 1st, and not have eqpt to receive them!

How come some people get the 211 and most don't

What is wrong with this picture!