8x1 or 4x1 and 22

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Receiver ,22kHz Ecoda, motor, diseqc, lnbs and a second diseqc on the other port of the ecoda will work fine. It needs to be an Ecoda brand switch 22 or it suposedley won't work. I used the Ecoda and it worked fine on my setup of fixed dishes and motorized dish.

The 8x1's cannot be controlled by some receivers.
If yours will run them, then some of the limitations of the following plan are eliminated.
(which ports can/must have certain types of LNBs)

SatPhreak has a good idea with the Ecoda 22khz switch and two 4x1's.
I'd put the motor between the receiver and the Ecoda, but otherwise, see the discussion in the Switches FAQ for more info.
This plan should work with most all receivers, and so it is a little more conservative.

emp centauri's can be controlled by most recievers using motor commands but how that actually works when you really have a motor I dont know.Should be the same I guess.

reviews:

In our Equipment Review section, there are discussions of both the Emp Centauri, and the Digiwave 8x1 switches.
Based on what I read there, I prefer the Digiwave.

DMSI now has a new 8x1 switch, and until we have a review, there is no real info available on it.
If it's the same in operation as the Digiwave, that would be good.
Either can be found for under $20.

bad reviews

bad reviews aplenty for the digiwave, apparently getting 5678 are hard. least that's what i have read. i think the ecoda 22 with the 4x1 looks like the way to go. these switches are finnicky, and i don't want to spend 20 bucks on something that might work....the 22 and 4 1 will work, so...any other views on this?

sonicview elite

think it will work with this piece of crap? i gotta buy a coolsat. seems that is the best reviewed one, but when i started in the fall, i had no idea...live and learn. at least i have insane amounts of channels! now if i can cable it so i don't half to walk into the wiring closet to change from diseqc switch number one that only gets three ports to the diseqc that only gets two ports.

The SV-360 elite manual, claims DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS support. Given that, you should be able to use a 8X1 switch using uncommitted settings (1.1).

In the Dish setting menu, does it allow you to choose other than Port 1, Port 2, Port 3, Port 4 for DiSEqC setting?

Last edited:
yes it does!

it does, so will the 8x1 be 1234 plus 22 sign on each? how does it configure for eight? I buy it now once i find out because my prodelin is getting some lnb for ku ala linuxman...won't look as cool, but hey...btw, i was on record suggesting the cband add to the linuxman project but was struck down...nice to have the c, eh? jk linux you created a monster. and a source of my dissapoinment when my work isn't on par with yours

thanks guap for the 8x1 support as well as ICE. Guess you can't believe all bad reviews. I gotta tell you, these sonicview diseqc are junk. 3 has never worked on one, and 1 and 4 have never worked on the other...just erratic signals. they were free, so i guess you get what you pay for.

ps why does echostar 1 read on my linear? most channels are blocked, but random international come really clear. Why?

setup is such (if the receiver truly does Diseqc 1.1) as port 1-8...Diseqc 1.1 allows up to a 16x1 switch

so my receiver is bogus 1.1?

that would explain alot. it only has four ports, unless i use the 22. what the hell can this mean? btw what is the deal with echo star 1,2 at 148 with linear? i get some programs for a while, and then they dissapear. what the hell? why am i getting scrambled programs once in while on my cband and my linear kband? is that part of the deal? they come and go?

how does 8 port work?

svelite gives me only four ports so i guess i have to go with the 22khz and disecq. how do i configure it? 22khz? if so , why not 8x1 with the different port assignments?

Status
Please reply by conversation.