90 CM multi feed setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
I don't get on here often and was wondering on how may LNB'S can i put on a 90 CM dish any thoughts and pictures.

You can look at my setup I have a multi lnb setup also. I am using a 1.2 meter commercial dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20150412_180928855.jpg
    IMG_20150412_180928855.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 1,125
  • IMG_20150412_142825236.jpg
    IMG_20150412_142825236.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 762
Reactions: spongella
As many LNBf's as you can fit into the spaces that do not shadow or block any signals from the other lnbf's placed for the satellites you want.
The problems are at 2 degree's; where the two satellites you want are located next to each other in space. Directv feedhorn's (lnbf's for multi-sat; 99/101/103) used today, have a patent on formed material at 2 degree's; look at their feed; and it should be clearer.
Also, obstructions like buildings; tree's, etc. need to be planned for the installation and understood. All of the lnbf's also need exacting placement and statics rules (tight bolts, material does not move); as well as angle accrued to the satellite wanted needs to be prime focused to the center of the dish; and skew for each correct.

It needs a real pointed dish also; as the center focused lnbf and satellite it gets determines what other angles are available to the dish. The lnbf's follow the angles of the arc; instead of using a motor; but all the satellites available depend on the dish itself being installed for the rest.

What this means is that the bracket; dish; lnbf's; switch/switches; must be exact and correct; and really only a few people do it this way; because it is not easy to do without knowing the arc like a motor makes for your dish. Getting matched components for this type is only one brand right now that i can see (other than homemade designs used since the 70's in the cable industry).

And, the system with multi-lnbf's is way better for multi-receivers using dual lnbf's and multi-switches; making it better than having 4 motorized dishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: spongella
This sounds like the same dilemma the wise owl had when asked "how many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop"....

The same holds true for working with a mult-bracket setup. I have had as many as seven but currently only sport four on my setup.

Very nice pictures of the multi-LNB bracket. That's quite a feat. How wide a separation have you gotten? Once tried to get Hispasat 30W and Telstar 15W on one dish using 30W for center LNB but no luck. Was an adventure though.

Four degree separation was typical for me on my 90. I had satellites set from 83w (when there was programming) all the way to 103w.

I have had luck with some three degree separation on a 1m dish but was using slim LNBF's on the setup.

I am on 99w 97w c band I can receive most of 99w c band. 93w ku, 91w ku, 87w ku, 103w ku. Mini budding is fun but a 10 footer is best, if you live in apartment complex from hell like I do then go with a mini bud.

I have the same problem that most people here in this thread have is that i live in a apartment and want to do 4 sats and 3 rooms with 95W, 97W,99W and 103W. But i think that it can be done.

2 degree spacing on a 90cm is not possible - some have done 3 degrees on KU. So you could do KU - 95W, 99W, and 103W but not 97W. However, 97W KU is where most of the FTA channels are.
Bob

Wescopc, I have done the motor setup from day one since i have been doing FTA Satelllite and i want to do 3 rooms with four satellite and i am shocked that you cannot do 2 degrees apart for FTA Satellite could i do 72W, 89W, 97W, and 103W. I do know that 103W has the odd ball Skew problem.

Well I did a 1.2 meter (120cm) a few years ago with 2 degree spacing and I had to modify small 40mm bullet lnbs to get them to fit. Here is a link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...eter-dish-with-2-spacing.151258/#post-1550517
Depending on the 90 cm dish you have the spread of 31 degrees (72 - 103) may not work. 15 degrees either side of center is pushing the limits on some dishes, I had 90cm KTI dish a few years ago that didn't like any lnbs outside of it's focal point.

KU only and want to do three rooms with the GEOSATpro 1200HDVR. Just want to get 87W, 93.1W, 97W, and 103W.

2 degree's is the spacing between "every" satellite; and if you want the most satellites you must be able to point to them all. A motored system also auto-skews/pols. for each of them; the bracket and lnbf can accrue them also; it is just a few manufacturer's will make it this way. DIRECTV feedhorns; if modified to KU linear type signal selection (put 10.7-11.7-12.2 into them instead of 12.2-12.7 and other shapes (rounded instead)0 actually; or mini-lnbf design by xxxxxx pro]]]
spink.png

picsir.png

note the picture has no real round;x/y/z placements; but according to this type dish (a very found one) you really can if you can receive a clear path to them EXACTLY FROM THE DISH YOU LOCK DOWN. It even works upsidedown better. As long as the dish does not move again.

The reasoning behind this "motored type" design is from the James Bond film and the feedhorn motor on the 140 foot dish. They moved the feedhorn only on it@

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts