90 day warranty and Insurance plan is crap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hothondaguy

Original poster
We had to replace the roof on our house and and removed the dish and replaced it on the roof in the exact location it was previously. and When i called up for the Service call they told me it would be free because we were in the 90 day window. now i see a charge on the account for the service and they are stating it was a customer caused issue and that i have to be charged.

We had to replace the roof on our house and and removed the dish and replaced it on the roof in the exact location it was previously. and When i called up for the Service call they told me it would be free because we were in the 90 day window. now i see a charge on the account for the service and they are stating it was a customer caused issue and that i have to be charged.

Did you try sending an email to this address ellen.filipiak@directv.com? This is the address to the VP of customer relations. Most of the time if anyone can help, they can.

Removing the dish and replacing it is a customer caused issue. So does the warranty say that for any reason they will repair at no charge? Can we read the fine print to find out.

Technically this is customer caused. I'm assuming here but did you not think you was replacing your roof when it was installed? If so you should have asked for a pole mount. As for the charge, good luck having it removed. When a tech uses this code to close a job it a no question asked $50 charge.

Dish relocations are not covered under the pp, if it was removed for any reason its customer caused. Next time don't admit you took it off and play dumb. Being honest gets you no where just lie...

It depends,

I got a chargeback and when I asked what it was all about........"sloppy wiring". So I called the customer and asked why his rig stopped working...............roofer didn't put the dish back correctly after they built his new garage. The HSP tech saved the customer some money by writing sloppy wire route on the WO rather than customer moved pole during construction and needed to relocate the dish to the new structure roof. So I got screwed out of most of an installation fee...............and never got the promised extra money for the 90 mile drive to Eastjesus and back.

Stuff floats around,

Joe

I guess Direct is different but just last year when I was with dish I had my house reroofed and called them up and was real honest about it. The lady was said no problem since I had the protection plan it would just be a $15 service call. That's all I ever paid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)