90cm/bsa621-2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

justmyluck

Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
tampa, fla
well it stated out buying this 90cm dish from dis- worl- with the bsa621-2 for both c-band and ku-band, after fighting with it, they tell me that it will run with c-band but for the life of me i can't get it adjusted correctly, the sig. remains at 82 through out the scan no quality at all.... measurments are 110 cur. 4"dp, any help would be helpful i've just about tried everything i can think of unless one of you'll have any
suggestions......he keep telling me that it will work....:confused:

A 90 cm dish is just too small for any kind of reliable C-band reception. You may get a few VERY strong transponders if your alignment and setup is perfect, but that's about it.

I think there are a few people here that have played with C-band on a 90 cm, as well as 1.0m and 1.2m, and everything else being equal, the bigger the dish, the more successful they were.

Size does matter.

Getting a Como LNBF working on a full size BUD is hard enough.
Most who setup a Mini BUD project do not try using a Combo LNBF, they get C Band only, and have a separate Dish or LNB for Ku.

24/7 On my 90 cm offset dish with Walrus1957 (Google Search) cone Scalar and BSC-421 lnbf I get Virgin Islands NBC, ABC, CW, ThisTV Sports Time Ohio, Sportsman Channel, Horse races, Dog Races on G3/c and NHK Japan. Classic BW movies on WHT/LeSEA and Rifleman.

Have cheap Linear KU side mounted for RTV, PBS, ION, etc.

When rain kills the KU I just switch to C band.

Works great for me.

Last edited:
new guy to site

Hi, i'm alvin from richland, oregon...i work for eagle telephone systems.
we have a small cable tv outfit with 46 channels on it.
my problem is that our fox news network and oln versus quit on me about 2 weeks ago, i've tried almost everything i think i can w/the 3m dish we use to receive galaxy 17 for these channels.
For whatever reason it does'nt seem to want to pick up this signal....?
any ideas.....:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts