921 Guide: Only 36 hours now?!?!

Can someone let me know what channel and time the US Mens hockey is on so i can set the damn timer before I leave for work? Trying to look it up online but nothing at the moment.

Yup. mine got hit with it too.

I was trying to go a few hours out to record the west coast feed of the olympics in SD mushyvision since my Charmed/IronChef/Desperate Housewives/L Word Sunday bloc was prohibiting an Olympic timer from the NYC feed. (grr, where's my 622 E*?,). No dice it said "No Information" past 2 hours from now).

I rebooted and the guide data came back, but only out 2 days. Overnight, the full guide came back, but I'll keep an eye out. The 921 has been real flaky the last two weeks with a bunch of missed timers, early firings (which fail to notice that two OTHER timers are scheduled during those times and are causing a conflict).

I don't know WHAT you E* guys are doing, but KNOCK IT OFF. These things are flaky enough as it is......

This is starting to look like a permanent feature. 9 day EPG is STILL at 36 hours! GGGRRRRR!!!:mad: Without subjecting myself to being on hold 'til my ear gets sore, anybody called recently to be told "they're working on it"???:rolleyes:
Ed

I was told they knew of problem and expected software to fix it sometime mid week. But this is info from a CSR so I wouldn't count on it.

Just sent Dish tech support an email regarding this. It'll be interesting to see if I actually get a response.:rolleyes: Maybe all poor 921 owners with this problem (all of us?) should email 'em?
Ed

I have a theory. There are only so many 9 day guides and now they don't have enough to go around so they are not sending them to 921 owners very often and they figure that most 921s don't work anyway so why would someone still be trying to use one.
WELL, there are a few of us diehards out here that still would like to get our $1000s worth.:)

Guide Data only 48 Hours?

For the past few days my 921 is only receiving 48 hours worth of guide data. Called support, they had me soft and hard reboot and nothing. Any idea what this could be?

Brian

Called Dish back. They are aware of the problem but have no time frame for fiixing Tech said it might not be until the next software version?
Brian

It seems like they alternate 921s. Mine will work for a couple days, then do the hour guide for a week and others will say theirs is working right when mine quits. Is E* doing this purposely based on the receiver numbers or bootstarp versions of our boxes so we can't all complain at the same time but get frustrated to upgrade? Think I will just switch company's with this crap.

I am now only getting 24 hours, mine ends Thursday at 1 AM. Called again and this time spoke to a senior tech who said she hasn't even heard there was a problem and the only thing she can find about it was a problem in December. Emails to ceo@dishnetwork.com unanswered (do they ever answer emails there anymore). Does anyone else feel we are in for a big wait on this?

Brian

After 5 or 6 days of a 36 hour EPG I had my 9 day guide back this morning. :) Now it's back to 36 hours!!??:rolleyes: I emailed tech support 2 days ago regarding this new feature. No response yet, not holding my breath.:mad:
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)