921 Guide: Only 36 hours now?!?!

Boy I'm glad I saw this thread I thought my 921 was doing another one of it's hicups. One day I get 9 days the next only 1.5 hours the next two days. Did both types of reboots and didn't fix it. Cann't wait till April when the exchange program starts so I can trade it out.

Recording Problem

My full guide is back. I left the 921 unplugged all night and this morning it was back.

BUT...now can't record one channel and watch a prereorded event at the same time. I also can't close a PIP window that is recording and watch another channel. I get errors 312 and 313. I tried all the different reboots but no fix.

I called dish tech support. Went thru all the reboots again. No solution, new problem to them so my 921 must be bad. They will replace it if I PAY $35.72 or pay $5.99 a month for service!:mad:

I'll unplug again overnight and hope for the best.

Anyone have any ideas? I won't pay Dish anymore money for this machine.

Don't replace it. All the 921s are hosed, E* is pulling something. Mine has all sorts of bugs now that it did not have 2 weeks ago.

Pils said:
Don't replace it. All the 921s are hosed, E* is pulling something. Mine has all sorts of bugs now that it did not have 2 weeks ago.

Your right. How can this problem all of a sudden crop up and senior techs have no idea what is causing it? Come on, you can't tell me they can't figure out how to solve this problem. I believe Charlie wants us to get the 622 NOW and save himself the $200 rebate in April.

I've had a problem free unit for over a year, one of the rare 921's that worked. Now problems popping up within days of offering the 622.

Brian

bkushner said:
Your right. How can this problem all of a sudden crop up and senior techs have no idea what is causing it? Come on, you can't tell me they can't figure out how to solve this problem. I believe Charlie wants us to get the 622 NOW and save himself the $200 rebate in April.

I've had a problem free unit for over a year, one of the rare 921's that worked. Now problems popping up within days of offering the 622.

Brian

You both make interesting point. My 921 has been pretty good until recently but most problems have been solved with an unplug.

i wonder how many others are experiencing recent problems?

921 Program Guide Only Showing 3-Days?

I have been noticing for the last week or so that my program guides (DVR921) are approximately 3-days. I normally would have 9 days into future. I also have 508 and guides on it are okay. Any one know if it’s a problem with my receiver or something Dish is doing?

Me too

I have 2 921's. They are both getting 2-3 day EPGs. I called Tech Support and tried all their pre-programmed solutions. Nothing worked. I then asked the Rep to read the software problems notices they get. Sure enough this is a problem they are addressing for there 2nd quarter software upgrade. It said nothing about why it suddenly started to go bad. One of my 921s gets the 9 day guide then the next night a 2 day guide an so on. The other gets only the 2 day guide.

odbrv said:
I have 2 921's. They are both getting 2-3 day EPGs. I called Tech Support and tried all their pre-programmed solutions. Nothing worked. I then asked the Rep to read the software problems notices they get. Sure enough this is a problem they are addressing for there 2nd quarter software upgrade. It said nothing about why it suddenly started to go bad. One of my 921s gets the 9 day guide then the next night a 2 day guide an so on. The other gets only the 2 day guide.
2nd Quarter. That's April 1st. The time when most or at least a lot will be upgrading to the new 622 and sending back the 921. Does this sound fishy or what?

Brian

gregmisc said:
My full guide is back. I left the 921 unplugged all night and this morning it was back.

BUT...now can't record one channel and watch a prereorded event at the same time. I also can't close a PIP window that is recording and watch another channel. I get errors 312 and 313. I tried all the different reboots but no fix.

I called dish tech support. Went thru all the reboots again. No solution, new problem to them so my 921 must be bad. They will replace it if I PAY $35.72 or pay $5.99 a month for service!:mad:

I'll unplug again overnight and hope for the best.

Anyone have any ideas? I won't pay Dish anymore money for this machine.

ONLY 2 DAYS EPG AGAIN on Thursday

I told my wife I was going to get another service and cancel Dish once it is set up. She called Dish and got them to replace the 921 for FREE if we didn't cancel service!

gregmisc said:
ONLY 2 DAYS EPG AGAIN on Thursday

I told my wife I was going to get another service and cancel Dish once it is set up. She called Dish and got them to replace the 921 for FREE if we didn't cancel service!

I don't believe another unit will solve the problem. I believe the only fix ifs to get a 622, that's how Charlie wants it.

This doesn't happen all of a sudden and they claim they need a software update to fix it in 2nd 1/4. It didn't happen from a software update?

Brian

I'm still stuck with a 2 day guide. This has been going on for a while now. I've rebooted and still no change.

Why is Charlie fisting me like this? I thought he loved us?

I got my 9 day guide back on my 921 on Monday. I did a few searches. Now on Tuesday, I'm back to the 36 hours. Werid thing is that I always leave the unit on, so I was a surprised when the 9 day guide showed up yesterday.

921 Program Guide

Has any one had any success with getting 9 day program guide back? I e-mailed Dish Teck support two days back and so far have not gotten a reply. I have only had a 3 day program guide for over 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)