922 acting weird again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
This time it's something it's never done before.

The only thing I use the 922 for these days is as a dish mover for dvb signals. Since I never have the 922 hooked up to a video display, the following is the way I usually do things. Let's say I'm at 137W watching something on the S9. Now let's say I wanted to go to 101W and watch Thistv for instance. I first change to that ch on the S9, then on the 922 remote I press options 6 4 4, until I can get to where I can press the east or west arrow keys, then move the direction I'm wanting to go. In this example I would be going east. So I then keep the east arrow key depressed which makes the dish move without stopping. Once the lock light lights up on the front panel of the S9, and that I know I'm now at 101W, i then release the east arrow key. Sometimes tho, if I go too far or not far enough, I might have to left or right click on the arrow keys to peak the signal. Maybe I'm the only one who does it this way, and maybe there is a simpler way, but this works perfect for me.

Now the problem. As of just recently, now when I do this, the 922 only moves 1 click at a time no matter what. The weird thing about it, if I'm on C4 for example, and I choose C3 on the remote, the dish will travel to that location like it should. The point I'm getting at, I never bothered learning all the shortcuts on the remote. I know that if I press C3, I know that will take me between G1 and G9. So what I'm getting at, in case I can't get this resolved, does anyone have a list for all the shortcuts I would need to push on the remote for each sat location. For example..135W would be C4..131W would be C3. So what would 139W be on the remote? 137W..what would that be? My BUD can only currently see from 139W to 87W. Trees obstruct the view anything east of 87W. On a side note. I have all my sat locations programmed into the 922. Now I just need to know the remote shortcuts for each one, just in case I can't get this problem resolved that I first mentioned.

You should probably hook that unit's video up just long enough to actually program in the sat positions. Then it would be easier to blind move to those sats. For example, if you wanted to move to 101°, you would just press Sat, S, 1, OK on the remote (or W, 1, OK with the old maps). That's how I do it when I'm doing it blind.

Manually moving the dish position in the setup screens is definitely the hard way to go. Even if you did a MR and only have the 21 or so tiles, that's still a lot of direct access to much of the arc. And it'll save on remote batteries too. :)

EDIT; As far as what keys shortcut to what, they are labeled with a letter by each number on the remote. If you already knew that and meant what sats are what degree wise... that will just depend on what maps you have. But since you are the one who chooses what tile to program at each position, you can make yourself a list. Even if you didn't stay with the recommended position for each tile, you should still know what you put where (especially if you make a list).

EDIT #2; OK, I missed seeing that you already have them all programmed in. That being the case, you just need to hook your video back up long enough to see what key highlights what on the sat tile screen (after pushing the sat button). You don't have to actually move to each position to see what a key press highlights.

Cheers

Last edited:
Manually moving the dish position in the setup screens is definitely the hard way to go. Even if you did a MR and only have the 21 or so tiles, that's still a lot of direct access to much of the arc. And it'll save on remote batteries too.

I see your point about the batteries. If one were a heavy user and watched tv alot, and continually surfed the skies while watching tv, then my method would def wear out some batteries. Speaking of batteries, the batteries in that remote haven't been changed for ages, and seem to still work just fine. Believe it or not, even tho I have all this equip and enjoy it, if I watched tv even 10 or 15 hours a week, I don't think I would believe it. I know that sounds strange and all, but it's fact. When I used to sub to all the masters, I still rarely watched tv more than that amount of time per week. Yesterday was an exception. I sit thru I think 2 or 3 Dr. Phil feeds in a row, and I don't even watch that show. One of them was about an anorexic young female. I had no clue the Dr. Phil shows were that interesting. I can't recall if this was on 99W or 97W. I'm thinking it was either on one of the GMDX feeds @ 99W. or one of the CWD feeds @ 97W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts