922 Broadband Issue - network ports

spookpd

Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Eastern Iowa
Hey-

I'm having a problem with the broadband set up on my 922. It receives an IP address but server and internet connection say failed.

I hooked it directly to my cable modem and it connects fine, so I know the problem is my router.

Does anyone know the tcp/ip ports it uses to connect? I think if I open them on my router it will work. I can ping the 922 locally so I know the network connection is working. I also ran the test site found on another post and it told me it will work fine (obviously not!).

Thanks!!

What kind of router do you have? You shouldn't have to open any specific ports, but if by chance you do...you'll need to first find out which ones are being used. You can sniff your network traffic to find out. Or you could always lock down the IP it gets assigned by MAC address and then DMZ that specific IP. This is really last ditch effort to get it working, as I don't normally recommend DMZ at all.

Or....get a new router. :)

It's a cisco pix 501 (old but solid). Unfortunately I can't DMZ on this and I hate to dump it for what I paid for it. I tried the standard port 5001 that I used on my old slingbox with no luck. I captured about 400 packets trying to find it that way now!!!

Router Requirements

I would bet the sling technology requires [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play"]Universal Plug and Play - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] to work correctly. Im not sure about your router, but if it is old it may not support this.

Had the same thing.
I mapped 5101 on my Cisco ASA 5505 to the 922 and the error went away.
However, I was able to Sling and remote access before I made the change.

If you browse your local LAN ip of your 922 from your computer, you get the error:

"404 - Not Found"

Obviously the 922 is running some sort of web server on this port, does anyone know a way to access it over a browser or other tricks such as deeper links?

Just tested mine outside the home and didn't have to open any ports, and plug & play is turned off on the router, so the 922 must keep it's own port open to Dish's website.

Apple Router

I have an Apple router guys, and was able to Sling for a week, but now can't do it at all. I have 5001 opened up. Should I change that? I have tried just about everything and have no idea what to do now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts