922 functions

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I am a newbee on this forum and a potential dish customer. I wanted to confirm that even with the new 922 sling receiver, you still cannot watch recorded programs on other boxes in other rooms, is this correct?

My other question has to do with a phone line. Is it true that even if i have a wireless network in my home, this receiver still needs a phone line to order PPV movies from the remote? I really hope i am missing something since most people no longer have landline phones and the technology seems outdated.

Thank you for your help.

To your first question - sort of. You can watch programs (or do anything you want on the 922) from other TVs if you have them connected via the coaxial "home distribution port" on the 922. However, this is not in HD, it is in SD. When Dish releases the Sling 300 you will be able to wirelessly (or wired) connect to the 922 via this box from another TV in your house. However, we don't know when this will be released. Scott (the owner of the site) reported that the Sling 300 is in final beta testing and he got to see one at CES in action. So hopefully that means we get it soon.

To the second question - no. You do not need a phone connection if you have a home network at all. The PPV ordering is all cleared through the internet connection. The only benefit to having a phone line connected (if you even have a phone line) is that caller id shows up on the screen when someone calls.

I also am considering switching to Dish. I would like to get a 922 and three Sling 300 receivers. My question is: Can I have more than one Sling 300 on the network with one 922? Would I be limited to using one Sling 300 at a time?

Being a new customer, I am temped to wait for the release of the Sling 300 before I switch to Dish. Maybe I could get a better "deal" on the equip?

Thanks.

Well, we don't know for sure, but assuming that it works like other sling equipment only 1 sling connection can be made at a time, so you could have 3 sling 300 receivers, but only 1 could connect at the same time.

I switched to Dish two weeks ago. Have used the 922 remotely without a problem (play and pause no ff/rev or skip). The 922 is faster and way more flexible than my old DTV unit. We get more channels that we actually watch in HD. The video quality and customer service are as good if not better than DTV. Having switched after 10 years on DTV, my family and I could not be happier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)