922 pros and cons

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I understand the ViP922 can go into "IR mode." But can it be controlled by RF from the Harmony 900 or 1100? That might indicate if the XiP813 could be controlled similarly.

I would like to get additional clarification on this. Despite the 722K manual stating that TV2 can operate using IR and/or UHF, it ONLY operates in UHF mode. IR is not available for TV2 (grayed out on receiver).

Does the 922 have the same issues? I would like to use IR for ALL of my receivers/equipement, TV1 and TV2. I have Home Theater Master MX800, MX700 remotes (fully IR programmable). I also have whole-house IR distribution (I can control any device from any room).

1) Can I use IR on both TV1 and TV2 of the 922 with my Home Theater Master Remotes?
2) Does anybody know how to get IR capability on TV2 of the 722K (do I need to buy the IR-to-UHF upgrade, program remote using UHF-to-IR codes, then put the upgrade in the closet to collect dust)?

Thx

Sorry, inhouse installer here. Uptraining dish note states only the 32.0 remote will work with the 922.

So if someone has found a way to make the other remotes such as a 21.0 to work with the 922 please let me know.

How ever i will say tge 32.0 has a stronger UHF signal. It reaches much farther than the 21's.

yes a 21.0 remote will work with it, i have one that works with mine. the only buttons that don't work correctly though on mine are the yellow and blue ones.

That's free for Plan A customers when they upgrade. I believe new customers still need to pay the upfront $200.

Pros for me are:
-the GUI
-larger hard drive
-I enjoy having sling built in
-the remotes do not work off of addresses, they work like a Wii remote
-TV1 remote works just like the TV2 remote, it can work from any room, it's not IR
-the remotes beep so you can find them when lost

The cons are already know by most and have been listed by others.

Ok... I may sound stupid here, but what makes you a Plan A customer? I sit at home with two 722 (no Sling) and have contemplated upgrading to the 922, but can't justify the upfront cost.

Ok... I may sound stupid here, but what makes you a Plan A customer? I sit at home with two 722 (no Sling) and have contemplated upgrading to the 922, but can't justify the upfront cost.

The ViP922 has been pulled from the upgrade options at this time due to the Blockbuster Movie Pass not being available at this time. After they get the software upgrade completed it will available again. If you would like to PM me your account information, I can look into this and advise if the option will be available when it is restored as an upgrade option. Thanks!

Dammit! I came on here researching today to upgrade, and already sent Zach a PM. Just read the thread again and found out they are not being available :mad:

Dont sweat it. Check out my thread on the 922 losing timers. There is a major software flaw that has been on the box now for months.

As a DVR this thing is total junk right now...I am about to dump it and I have pretty much loved it for the most part since I got one at launch. :(

Dont sweat it. Check out my thread on the 922 losing timers. There is a major software flaw that has been on the box now for months.

As a DVR this thing is total junk right now...I am about to dump it and I have pretty much loved it for the most part since I got one at launch. :(

I keep reading about this timer issue, recordings disappearing etc. To date mine has worked flawlessly....well the caller id requires a reboot occasionally, but even Sling has been cooperating.

It is odd Dish has yanked the unit from new customers........it has been stated by Reps that this change is because of the BlockBuster software issue. Likely we'll never know for sure.

The problem does not appear to be on all units...But there are a few here that have had the problem.

This stinks because my 922 has been working almost perfect too up until this problem.

I am now researching a DirecTV HR34...maybe something else like tivo with cable (yuck!),...I just need something that works. I have missed so many shows already...I only watch DVRed programs I dont have time to watch stuff when it comes on. For the premium we pay for these things it should at least work as it's advertised and record shows when it supposed to.

I am wondering if it has to do with timezone, CSI007. Perhaps only units in the Eastern timezone are affected. Or some other common element. Maybe a certain show series that has been set to record. Maybe there is something faulty coming through on the guide that affects the unit, but only for those units that have that series set to record. Just guessing. Wish I could go over to Dish Support and find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts