922 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
on my tv i have several different options for input ( to the tv) and each of these are controled differently. have you tried different channels or input/video/source options. i even have just a video channel.

Be sure to check the different outputs, as the menus may not be available on all outputs. Is the receiver reacting to any of the keys on the remote? It may be that the remote and receiver are set for different addresses. Does it power on with the remote? As noted in the previous post, does the front display go through the warmup and show a channel number?

The 922 does start up and show warm up then proceeds to a channel number 980. It never comes up on the tv screen.:mad:

The 922 is performing much better and I am now in the process of trying to change the numbers for the east and west so the dish will move. I have a few leads now on how to proceed. I have company today so this will stop my work on the receiver. Thanks to all of you for your input. If you think of something new add it on as it is much appreciated. This 75 years young may get this system up before I am called home.

The 922 is improving but still lagging. The actuator is on the right hand side. The dish will not move and the screen states it has reached its physical limits. This is on system setting. The remote operates very good and will turn on the tv but I am unable to work around the settings of 5000 that is installed for west and east on the screen. Any ideas?:)

try reverseing the wires on the actuator's counter (pulse and ground) at the back of the 922

My 922 does not have any menu now so I need to call up and see if it is worth repair. Does anyone have any ideas if it is worth repair?

I found another one of my problems so now I am ready to proceed. It feels terrible to make so many mistakes and I am unable to fault someone else. I could blame the wife but that would not set very good. I just need to smarten up but I think I am too old for getting any smarter. I will keep you posted. thanks to all

I am being revisited by my old problem--the dish is stuck on 5000 and I have been thru the book once more and I am unable to figure out how to release this setting. It says the dish can not be moved because it is at the maximum setting. I am trying to go east but it will not allow movement. The actuator is in the position to move but the receiver says no. How can I remove this 5000 setting so I can proceed? Someone with the 922 may have the answer---thanks

Under Options button do a 6, 4, 3 (Set Limits) try moving east and west settings, or mabye a Master Reset to clear settings and start over. Just a suggestion.

FSDS I had tried several times earlier on the 643 , I tried it a few more times with no luck. I will find the area to set for the master reset as this will be the only thing I know to make the dish movable.
thanks

I have tried 6778 then 7 and it will free up the setting for changes. I have not tried the master reset because of fear of the unknown. Factory reset does not help. I have asked others and tried their ideas but the setting can not be changed . What does the master reset do? If it erases the options all together will I be able to do the reprogram? Again I am trying everything but holding off on master reset for further evaluation. help---- thanks

When I do a master reset it leaves the east and west limit both on 5000 on my box. You can't access the menu to program any satellites until you have some range between the east and west limits. What I do is just highlight one of the 5000's, use the left and right arrows on the remote and when the dish moves the count moves. Once there is some range the other menus will be accessible but you still need to get the limits far enough apart to move to the satellites desired and do the programming.

If you've already done that and you can't get the count to change try the following:

You can test the arm with a car battery to see if it will move. I'd do the test right at the arm to eliminate any wiring issues that might be in play to prove out the arm but unhook it from the 922 first so you don't send power back into it from the battery. If it moves both directions you know it is OK. Reversing the wires from the battery will reverse the arm direction. If that works you need to go over the wiring carefully and check that power is coming out of the 922 to make the dish move and that it actually gets to the arm.

When you try to change the 5000 count from the 922 menu, do you know if the dish trys to move? If the 922 doesn't get a signal back right away it stops trying to move. If not, I'd check the wiring and see if power goes out when you call for a move. You can use the car battery from that end if you want to. If it does, the problem is probably in the count generating device or wiring. Make sure that wiring is right as well.

There are physical limit switches inside the electrical box on the end of the arm. They can be adjusted so the dish won't move but that seems pretty unlikely. Overall it sounds like a stuck or bad arm, bad wiring or both. Once you prove out that stuff the only thing left is the 922 which I'd assume is OK until you prove out everything else.

Good luck and be careful not to fry anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts