922 resets after few minutes when plugged into Sat antennas

remotetveic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Have a 922 - and it will reset itself after say 5 to 10 minutes. If I don't touch any control functions - it will stay on for about 20 minutes. When it resets - the 922 fan will kick into high gear. The only way to reset the unit - is to unplug. After 5 mins, 30 mins, overnight - unit will will still do the same reset.

I did find that if I unplug the sat antenna feeds - until will stay powered up. I've been trying to find a way to save shows to external drive.

Thanks.

I don't think this to be a regular "power failure" on the receiver's part because it will stay on with the sat connections disconnected. I would say there's likely another problem (grounding is my guess).

If you PM a phone number or account number, I can definitely help you get the problem taken care of.

Well - it is a receiver issue as I did receive a replacement 922 from Dish this morning and that fixed the problem. This replacement receiver works correctly. I'm trying to figure out now how I can possibly get any recordings off the failed 922 unit. Like I said - it will power up and work correctly when it is not connected the the sat antenna. When I try to copy any recordings, the moment the USB is plugged it - I get a indication that I am not authorized - this due to it not plugged into the sat antenna.

If you already have the new 922 up and running, the bad 922 is probably deactivated on the account. It will need to be active to use any of the EHD services.

When we reactivate it (if you choose) the bad 922 will need to be getting signal to get the authorization

Starting this morning, my 922 is experiencing the same thing. Started to transfer my shows. Anybody have an idea what might be going on? I guess I will need to call Dish and request a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)