922 software update?

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I am told that tonight by a CSR that the 922 is going to have a new software issue that will fix the problem of the 4 tuners recording at the same time and not actually recording anything. THE BIG ISSUE WIH THE 922. Should I trust the CSR?

Trust a csr? ARe you kidding? The answer is NO. They will tell you any number of things to keep you happy , but mostly not the real truth. The tech department might be more forth coming, but you still have to take what they say with a grain of salt too.

Yes you can trust the CSR on that one...

But it could be a month or so before the update is released.

The beta testers I know are very happy with it... although some reporting Sling issues still which could be on the server side.

I was told something similar that the 922 update was due soon and that it will fix the bugs. I was also told that the end function will work as it does on the 722.

They could not confirm if the 922 will ever get the google integration.

Hey Scott can you comment at all on what changes are coming with this update? One of the things I really miss about DirecTV is the CE's. I loved being able to try out new updates before they were released and to know what was coming in the future updates.

Nevermind. On further thought Dish Network does have a CE program. It's called all their regular customers. Before I switched to Dish I had run almost every DirecTV CE since they started doing MRV on their CE releases and never once had any issues. Can't say the same about Dish. I like their hardware and channel lineups better, but their software could use some work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)