922 Upgrades Temporarily Unavailable

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
922's pulled?

Called up Dish today get upgrade my 722 to a 922. They told me that I was eligible for a free upgrade. But then after a few minutes on hold the CSR came back on and said that they are pulling all 922's from shipping for a few weeks and he could not upgrade me at this time.

Does sound legit or should I just try and play CSR roulette?

Thx

CSR Roulette is the game I would play. :)
These stories have popped up from time to time. Perhaps the demise of the 922 has been and is "greatly exaggerated". It's does give one pause though to have reports of Dish Reps giving out this type of information. It would be nice to have a Dish management person chime in on this type of issue....not likely though.
It's like the Remote Access stories, it was dead and buried weeks ago, yet I'm using it as I write this....there seems to be a pattern here.....:rolleyes:

Perhaps this is a good thing, your not getting one. Decidedly mixed reviews here as to how happy people have been with them.

First two CSR said I could have one for free, but they cant ship one now because they are being held back. 3rd CSR said i could have one right now, but it would cost me $95. You would think this company would have consistent information for their people to give out, but instead I think they just make up whatever they want to.

First two CSR said I could have one for free, but they cant ship one now because they are being held back. 3rd CSR said i could have one right now, but it would cost me $95. You would think this company would have consistent information for their people to give out, but instead I think they just make up whatever they want to.

Dish does make up?

As of 11/3 the 922 will temporarily be unavailable as an upgrade option. DISH Network is working on adding Blockbuster Movie Pass functionality to the 922. For this reason we are delaying 922 upgrades until BBMP is supported. If you would like to upgrade to the 922, and do not mind not having BBMP functionality until the software update please PM one of the DIRT team as soon as possible

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
As of 11/3 the 922 will temporarily be unavailable as an upgrade option. DISH Network is working on adding Blockbuster Movie Pass functionality to the 922. For this reason we are delaying 922 upgrades until BBMP is supported. If you would like to upgrade to the 922, and do not mind not having BBMP functionality until the software update please PM one of the DIRT team as soon as possible

We will still get the bbmp on our existing 922's correct?

Ok, here's a good one... I called last week friday, told I had to wait untill Nov 3. Reason software update was what csr told me..

Sooooo... What do I do? Call on 3rd or PM before the 3rd?

Ok, here's a good one... I called last week friday, told I had to wait untill Nov 3. Reason software update was what csr told me..

PM me now (before the third) if you want to get a 922. If you wait until the 3rd, the 922 will be unavailable

Yea, I would call January or Febuary. By then maybe the'll have an answer? This is dish network were talking about....They dont leed hek they dont even follow!

Why would Dish ever hold off selling a DVR because a software update is coming. By that logic isn't a DVR software update always coming? So you should you just just never sell any them ever, right?

I could maybe understand if the current software is unusable. The 922 is very stable though, not including the sling side or course :).

I guess it makes too much sense to worry about keeping your current customers happy. oh well.

HMMM... upgrade my 722k with sling adapter to a 922.

What do I get? - fancy interface.

What does it cost? - $48 per year.

NO THANKS!!