922 Upgrades Temporarily Unavailable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think that DISH finally realizes that their "flagship cutting edge receiver" is the last to get any new feature ,which just continue to piss subs off who have spent the money to upgrade or own this P.O.S. receiver. It is not helping their reputation or good positive word of mouth, when subs who are pissed, then tell EVERYONE they know how angry and disappointed with DISH over this receiver. Better to pull the box till they can get it working with Blockbuster like the other Vip series of receivers than to have more angry customers who feel like they got a Downgrade rather than an Upgrade with this box. Personally I think they should either pull all of them and replace them with a 722k or lower the dvr fee to $6.00 like the other Vip series since it doesn't even sling as well as the 722k + sling adapter . The extra $48.00 a year is like a penalty fee on top of the other short comings in this "state of the art" receiver. It continues to anger those subs when they think what am I getting for the extra $4.00 a month. I know it pissed me off till I traded my owned 922 back in for a 722k. It was like cutting my loses when I did this last year in November. I only hope the 813 Xip won't be as quirky and without features as the 922 it will be based on ,in regards to software ,menus ,guides etc. If it is, the 813 Xip whole house dvr will be a complete failure just like the 922 has been.

Why would Dish ever hold off selling a DVR because a software update is coming.

I would like to think they might have finally realized their marketing department screwed the pooch with all this hoopla (haw-digity) advertising something that their "top of the line" didn't currently do.

First thing a customer might think when they get the 922 ... why can't it do BBMP? And of course if you *paid* for the privilege to upgrade (because remember only the best of the best get the freebie with or without 2 year commitment) I'd bet the immediate reaction is WTF? with the second one being a call and complaint for the old one back or to return that 200 dollars.

HMMM... upgrade my 722k with sling adapter to a 922.

What do I get? - fancy interface.

What does it cost? - $48 per year.

NO THANKS!!
you forgot troubles with internal & external drives ... as another thing you'd get.. :)
(ok, maybe they've finally fixed the "drive full" bug, but have they fixed the TV2 can't see EHD on 922's yet?)

First two CSR said I could have one for free, but they cant ship one now because they are being held back. 3rd CSR said i could have one right now, but it would cost me $95. You would think this company would have consistent information for their people to give out, but instead I think they just make up whatever they want to.

Technically the receiver upgrade fee is free but you still have to pay a technician visit fee. The tech fee is $95 or $15 if you are on DHPP. For some reasone the CSR people never like to tell customers about the tech fees. We constantly have customers coming to us telling us we need to service their dish because Dish told them we will for free. If the customer isn't on DHPP or did not buy their Dish from us we charge them $95. Once we tell them that they get pissed and say "Dish told me you'd do it for free." It's amazing how a CSR is so quick to spend retailer's time and money.

FYI, as I got a 922 in October another significant reason it is being pulled is a dishonline issue as it relates to 922's and the inabilityto retrieve DVR events that users have in their library via the internal sling player. In essence you can only use the 922 sling feature for live programming currently. I watched my access to DVR events fall apart to a point now where I cannot access them at all and DIRT and senior DISH support is aware of this.

FYI, as I got a 922 in October another significant reason it is being pulled is a dishonline issue as it relates to 922's and the inabilityto retrieve DVR events that users have in their library via the internal sling player. In essence you can only use the 922 sling feature for live programming currently. I watched my access to DVR events fall apart to a point now where I cannot access them at all and DIRT and senior DISH support is aware of this.
This is not a ViP922 issue but a DISH Online issue with the sling itself. We are working to get this issue corrected.

This is not a ViP922 issue but a DISH Online issue with the sling itself. We are working to get this issue corrected.
Has there been any more information out from "them" that helps point at what the problem is? Any thing that can help get people back on in the interim, or are the ones effected just TSOL?

Has there been any more information out from "them" that helps point at what the problem is? Any thing that can help get people back on in the interim, or are the ones effected just TSOL?

I have been reporting the specific accounts as they come to my attention. I know a few accounts have seen the issue resolved but I still have a few accounts reporting the issue. The more information we can obtain and pass on the better. I have no information as to what the problem is.

I think that DISH finally realizes that their "flagship cutting edge receiver" is the last to get any new feature ,which just continue to piss subs off who have spent the money to upgrade or own this P.O.S. receiver. It is not helping their reputation or good positive word of mouth, when subs who are pissed, then tell EVERYONE they know how angry and disappointed with DISH over this receiver. Better to pull the box till they can get it working with Blockbuster like the other Vip series of receivers than to have more angry customers who feel like they got a Downgrade rather than an Upgrade with this box. Personally I think they should either pull all of them and replace them with a 722k or lower the dvr fee to $6.00 like the other Vip series since it doesn't even sling as well as the 722k + sling adapter . The extra $48.00 a year is like a penalty fee on top of the other short comings in this "state of the art" receiver. It continues to anger those subs when they think what am I getting for the extra $4.00 a month. I know it pissed me off till I traded my owned 922 back in for a 722k. It was like cutting my loses when I did this last year in November. I only hope the 813 Xip won't be as quirky and without features as the 922 it will be based on ,in regards to software ,menus ,guides etc. If it is, the 813 Xip whole house dvr will be a complete failure just like the 922 has been.

Amen. I decided to return that junk after a month. I had to pay $200 to get it back then. They gave me an RMA to take it back but never planned on refunding me. I transferred reps until I got to the cancellation department. Finally while cancelling, things got corrected and I got the money back minus the tech visit fee, which was not necessary in the first place. I was thinking of what my life would be like with Comcast or DTV while I was on the phone. BTW they told me Dish Pass was removed because the stupid people were filling their machines up with too many recordings. Thanks stupid people for making the world miserable for the rest of us once again.

As of 11/3 the ViP922 upgrades were temporarily suspended. DISH Network is working to add Blockbuster Movie Pass functionality to this receiver, and we will resume ViP922 upgrades once the software update is available.

We do not have an ETA as to when the 922 will be available again, or when the software update will be available for it.

Thank you for your understanding

What a strange message.....no estimate, no upgrades, no software....but thanks for understanding.
What if a 922 breaks? will the customer have to wait for the BBMP stuff?

It's a shame the 922 became (I'm a child of the 50/60's) the Edsel of Dish receivers. It happens, despite all good intentions. Time to trade in??

I've never seen Dish stop sending out a certain receiver because of a sw update. Unless they've been testing the new update and saw that it was destroying their test 922s, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

I've never seen Dish stop sending out a certain receiver because of a sw update. Unless they've been testing the new update and saw that it was destroying their test 922s, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

That's because we are used to be the the Guinea Pigs and having our own receivers blow up...... :)

They could always... You know... NOT send out broken firmware, until they are sure that BBMP works properly? But then again, that would go against the usual "send first ask questions later" policy...

Thanks for the heads up though Matt!

It just keeps piling on with the 922. I feel duped. I get the feeling I bought the betamax when I could have had the VCR for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts