922 warm-up issue---need repair service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtv

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Hell (kansas)
hope I'm posting in the right place, I'm a newbie!!
my 922 won't produce a picture for 4-5 hours after being turned-on. It will show signal quality as 1, or will bump to 60+, but no picture. Then, hours later, it works fine.
I've replaced everything except the receiver itself., all connections are tight. I've had C-band since the 80's, & now no repairman!! My satellite guy surrendered over this issue, gave up, & disappeared.!
the only repair service I've located is ATS, on the east coast. I would prefer an exchange service if I could find one.
I did just buy a 920 off eBay for $60, to use in the meantime, if I can program it myself....!
If anyyone has any suggestions, I would LOVE to hear them!!
thanks!!

Hmm odd problem, make sure the 920 is not doing the same thing to determine if it's something else, if the 920 is fine then I would recommend sending it to ATS.

Try to remove the VCII mod the next time it is acting up, remove power from the receiver 1st before removing the VCII. I have seen happen on 920's & 922 do this same thing WRM UP then WRM UP an it came back to the VCII board. worth a try.

Does your no picture issue also effect the display when selecting the 922 options button..do you get the display?

I get all the options displayed when I hit the options button--I can get all data, & do the options 6, 4, 4, for adjustments.

thanks, 1captain-- I'll try it. I have another VCII module, should I just try the spare one?

Unless you are subbed to one of the few remaining analog channels, just remove the VC2 module. It's important to only remove it while the receiver is unplugged.

Does the clock reset itself after it's plugged back in, receiving "trips" from the provider? If it does your still getting a DC2 lock from a satellite.

Was a master reset done and configuration settings lost?

What about swapping another known functioning receiver. Maybe a friend with another box, FTA or something compatible? Did your repairman try that?

BTW...I recently sent my lightning damaged DSR905 to ATS for evaluation. I think it's worthwhile to repair them considering what these boxes are selling for now.

ok, corrado, thanks!
so, it's ok to power-up the unit, without a VCII in it? I don't remember much about the VCII, I just know that I have an extra one.!
I've not done a master reset. I have done 'soft' resets, & the clock resets, & I get rehits no problem.
I'm waiting on a 920 I bought off eBay, to use if I can't fix this one , & yes, I will send it to ATS if that's the case.
really do appreciate all the advice!!!!

They are still there, they no longer have any Main Boards for the 920, so if the battery is gone, you're out of luck, but they could probably fix anything else? They still have the Main Boards for the 922, as far as I know?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How deep a hole for 21' pole?

Signal dropping/rain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)