HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Well I think I know why Netflix is disappearing from hoppers. For the first time today I saw that there are 94,000 titles available on On Demand

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Well I think I know why Netflix is disappearing from hoppers. For the first time today I saw that there are 94,000 titles available on On Demand
I am confused. :confused: Are you saying that with 94K titles, Dish no longer needs a Netflix app?

antimoz

Livin' the Dream
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
My guess is that the royalties DISH pays for the privilege to have the app on the Hopper isnt resulting in an increase of Netflix subscribers that would offset those payments.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Indy
i would surmise that people probably prefer using Smart TV or other streaming device over the Hopper since it is so flaky! I used it once and closed the book on it.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I was stunned it ever was added.

But if it performs “as well as” the YouTube app does, I can see why folks would prefer to use smart TVs, Rokus, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

joewhite57

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 7, 2009
Indiana
my netflix hopper is great. One remote, fast and all I could ask . Just wish they would do a deal with Amazon and then I would be down to one remote for everything.
The biggest reason for subscribing was the hopper app. Even my wife could learn Alexa start Netflix and she could navigate from there.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
My guess is that the royalties DISH pays for the privilege to have the app on the Hopper isnt resulting in an increase of Netflix subscribers that would offset those payments.
That's what I was thinking, too plus all the issues with the App on devices, particularly wireless Joeys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)