Dish Loses 94,000 Subs In 1Q

So I read the meeting notes from the DISH 1st quarter conference call with the media and they said that the satellite business is down to 11 million subs and the SLing tv service is at 2.3 million subs. I remember when they had over 14 million subs back in the day. Wonder how much longer till the satellite part of the business falls below the 10 million number? A year or two? They also didn't make as much revenue as they did last year at this time. But the upside they saved in taxes due to the new tax law. So theres that.

Sure you can, how many of us remember that Nissan was Datsun, probably only us gearheads that still lust after a pristine 240Z. Yeah right, a 240Z without giant rust holes in the floorboards and rear quarter panels.
If I recall correctly, Datsun was the number one import at the time. Toyota overtook them in the confusion.

I remember when Panasonic wanted to change their name in the US to Matsushita. The Americans actually prevailed in telling them how absolutely STUPID that would be. So much so that, years later, they changed the corporate from Matsushita to Panasonic worldwide.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sure you can, how many of us remember that Nissan was Datsun, probably only us gearheads that still lust after a pristine 240Z. Yeah right, a 240Z without giant rust holes in the floorboards and rear quarter panels.

If I recall correctly, Datsun was the number one import at the time. Toyota overtook them in the confusion.

I remember when Panasonic wanted to change their name in the US to Matsushita. The Americans actually prevailed in telling them how absolutely STUPID that would be. So much so that, years later, they changed the corporate from Matsushita to Panasonic worldwide.

Actually, Nissan was a longstanding automaker in Japan, I believe dating back until before WWII. When they decided to try and market their vehicles in the USA in the 60's, they didn't want to risk the good name of Nissan in case of failure. So, they introduced their vehicles in the USA under the name of Datsun. Once they were successfully planted in the USA, they went back to their worldly name of Nissan. However, the point is well made.

Actually, Nissan was a longstanding automaker in Japan, I believe dating back until before WWII. When they decided to try and market their vehicles in the USA in the 60's, they didn't want to risk the good name of Nissan in case of failure. So, they introduced their vehicles in the USA under the name of Datsun. Once they were successfully planted in the USA, they went back to their worldly name of Nissan. However, the point is well made.
Part of the reason for the Datsun name was Nissan was clearly a Japanese name and there were still plenty of hard feelings over Pearl Harbor, even in the 60s, so they chose Datsun which wouldn't be automatically associated with Japan by those WW2 veterans that had seen Nissan cars in Japan.

Toyota took the lead over Datsun because they made a better car at the time. I can remember all of the rusting pick trucks and cars that we’re fairly new made buy Datsun ... Dish needs to figure out what they are going to do with spectrum they own . The clock is ticking.

Gee, imagine that. A Dish dealer participating in a Dish Network oriented forum. Who would of thunk that?
So he promotes Dish and the other guy promotes At&t. Like I said I see no difference. They each promote what they do. Did I say something wrong or out of place?

Some of you guys take things way to seriously.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

So he promotes Dish and the other guy promotes At&t. Like I said I see no difference. They each promote what they do. Did I say something wrong or out of place?

Difference is he is a Dish Dealer participating in a Dish oriented forum trying to assist current Dish customers. The ATT guy is on a Dish forum promoting an ATT product and critizing the Dish product, see the difference?

Don't you work for Dish? I can't remember if you do or have a company that installs for them. You promote Dish so what is the difference?

No, I don't 'work for Dish'. We are an independent retailer and we are also an AT&T dealer. IMHO Dish happens to be the superior product technology wise so I do what I can to help here in the DISH FORUM. I've never tried to make a sale here and I am here as an individual, not a salesman or a representative of any company.

I don't go and troll the DirecTV forums promoting Dish like the poster I quoted. The only time we see him and a few others here in the Dish forum is to tell us how bad Dish is and how we'd be better off with DirecTV or anything else. Oh wait, that's all you seem to do too.

Some of you guys take things way to seriously.

Yes you did say something wrong and out of place. Too bad you don't realize it or you do and you are just trolling....

DirecTV Now gained 312,000
DirecTV Now is really kicking ass.

I wonder how many of those subscriptions are counted after they age 90 days? I was in the AT&T store the other day and they were handing out AppleTV 4K units free to everyone who would sign up for 90 days of DirectTv Now.

Yes you did say something wrong and out of place. Too bad you don't realize it or you do and you are just trolling....
Please enlighten me then. What did I say wrong? I saw no difference. You both promote what you do and like. No trolling. Like I said. Some of you take things way to seriously.

Please enlighten me then. What did I say wrong? I saw no difference. You both promote what you do and like. No trolling. Like I said. Some of you take things way to seriously.

Read Cheddar_Head's and my posts again and maybe you'll understand. This is a DISH FORUM. It's not a place for a DirecTV super fan to come and tell us how great DirecTV is. Pretty simple. Think about it.

Read Cheddar_Head's and my posts again and maybe you'll understand. This is a DISH FORUM. It's not a place for a DirecTV super fan to come and tell us how great DirecTV is. Pretty simple. Think about it.
I have Dish and like it. I came and asked a question. I wanted to get Dish for my grandmother. I find out about the no DVR fee and I say something. I'm not a fan off of the fees and I'm not a fan of the no DVR fee.

If that makes you or anyone here angry. That is on you. I don't come here to be little Dish or anyone. I state my opinion and it's not always going to be popular with over zealous Dish fans. It's a message board people have different opinions.

We are talking about a TV service here. I get why you your into it. It's part of your lively hood. I was in no way trying to disrespect you. What bothers me is if and when someone has a problem with prices and fees. You guys take it personal. Again its TV. Nothing more. I hate the fees because I want Dish to be around for a while. More fees like no DVR will keep people from subscribing.

I have Dish and like it. I came and asked a question. I wanted to get Dish for my grandmother. I find out about the no DVR fee and I say something. I'm not a fan off of the fees and I'm not a fan of the no DVR fee.

If that makes you or anyone here angry. That is on you. I don't come here to be little Dish or anyone. I state my opinion and it's not always going to be popular with over zealous Dish fans. It's a message to people have different opinions.

We are talking about a TV service here. I get why you your into it. It's part of your lively hood. I was in no way trying to disrespect you. What bothers me is if and when someone has a problem with prices and fees. You guys take it personal. Again its TV. Nothing more. I hate the fees because I want Dish to be around for a while. More fees like no DVR will keep people from subscribing.

This has nothing to do with any of that. This has to do with you sticking up for an AT&T 'enthusiast' promoting DirecTV in the DISH forum and then trying to say that I do the same thing, which I don't. Period. Really.

This has nothing to do with any of that. This has to do with you sticking up for an AT&T 'enthusiast' promoting DirecTV in the DISH forum and then trying to say that I do the same thing, which I don't. Period. Really.
Oh you didn't imply that I come on here to complain? You did in one of your posts. I had no idea who that guy was. I'm not on here enough to know. He replied to an At&t post I didn't see anything wrong with it. I figured he worked for them from your reply.

The stuff I posted above is true. You tried to imply I was a troll because I said something about the fees. You said I come here to complain. Yes I did. I don't like the no DVR fee. Again if that makes you or anyone else here angry that's on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)