• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
True. I guess I just assumed most people would do that.

Forgive me, I'm knee deep in my own ignorance here.

theBruce said "all it is a bunch of repeats that has already ran or is currently running on the channels, if you have a DVR then On-Demand is pretty redundant."

Then, HipKat said "Well, because some people like some of those repeats that aren't currently playing, so not available to DVR"

Whereas, Bobby responded "and, not everyone has a DVR..."

Which prompts my question, what person who does not have a DVR would have access to Video on Demand? And, I guess the answer is a Wally owner who didn't activate the DVR features.
My primary Wally experience is with those RV'ers, and they are many, that have a Wally and one of the single LNB automatic dishes like the Tailgater. While certainly a number of those folks do add the optional EHD and activate the DVR function, they still only have a single sat tuner. Adding the OTA adapter helps of course. None of which helps with watching last season's shows that are only available on-demand though... ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just my own experience here, but when I had a VIP receiver, I couldn't get Dish Anywhere to work. I intalled it on my phone and on my tablet, but both would not allow me to stream. Is that working now?
It was with a Sling Adapter and a "waffle" but now sling adapters are kaput!

I would be happy that with the latest Update now that Netflix programming actually shows what resolution the program is, that my TV switch over to 4K when the program is.

But if it's going away, I'll stick with my ATV 4K.

You should check out “Good Omens”! Hilarious British humor based on the book.

Thank you. I put it on my Amazon Prime Watch list and will give it a try. Sounds like something SWMBO and I would enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: HipKat
For the heck of it I went in after getting the 536 update to see if the set up was any different and I wanted to see these 94,000 titles, what they were and where they may have come from. Software wise nothing new that I could notice. So I started to look through the 1,800 SciFi titles that were on the page that I was on and . . . there was a lot and a lot of new big name titles, many triplets that were missing the third episode though. I was quite surprised with what was being offered. The way things were listed made no sense. One would think it would all be in Alphabetical order? As I scrolled, the further down I got, the lesser the newer, better known titles started to dwindle. But when I was about to get bored or doubt that I'd see another big one, something interesting would pop up. And again the way things are listed makes the 1,800 titles questionable. There was lots of College Golf and Superbowl repeats, sports and things like that which aren't SciFi fare and I didn't realize were "movies", but I guess add to the 1,800 count for that page. Soon I came to the end of the page and there were a couple titles I'd like to check out, but again the way these are all listed made it impossible to go find them easily, if at all. Listings have no logic which would lead me to believe this is a distraction to the number of titles since I saw a couple repeated. OF which there was a lot of old and very old titles, but there were newer, Star Wars, Start Trek, color me surprised. But they appeared in no logical order as many could be mixed in with a 1940's Western which were the ones that were more likely to be repeated. Yeh, and Westerns in the SciFi area . . .

I did find a title that I had recorded and through I would watch it here instead, once I found it. First the picture quality was great, second the sound was the typical +15dB louder than the standard (new logo) dish fare or it would have been since it was recorded off a standard HD channel. The title ended up being a SyFy Channel, that I could have found in the Channels area, offering that was part of the 1,800 movies OF WHICH although it said I would be not able to Fast Forward, I could through the single commercials. "Yippee!!" So 1. things are so intertwined that it can make things hard to scan through; 2. Cheating with repeats tucked in on how many titles there actually are; 3. Sports and Westerns in with SciFi?! Was delighted to see that there were separate "Fantasy", "SciFi" and "Horror" genre topics. Although the titles are all mixed up, the separation of titles are not all the exclusive.

Also when I looked at the "Info" panel on the title I was streaming there was the download speed that was 2490Mbps. WOW! Since my connection is 1Gbps it was doing a great job of using bandwidth. Then it mellowed to 1400-1500Mbps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts