942 Noise

Overlord66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
My 942 just developed a buzzing sound that happens sporadically. If I lightly press on the top of the reciever it goes away. I thought about taking the lid off and putting it back on in hopes of fixing it but I'm not sure if it would fix it because I don't know were it's coming from. If I call Dish and they replace it do they send a refurbished unit or a new replacement?

Also is there any way to hide programs that are recorded. like some sort of parental control for recordings? :confused:

Overlord66 said:
My 942 just developed a buzzing sound that happens sporadically. If I lightly press on the top of the reciever it goes away. I thought about taking the lid off and putting it back on in hoes of fixing it but I'm not sure if it would fix it because I don't know were it's coming from. If I call Dish and they replace it do they send a refurbished unit or a new replacement?

Also is there any way to hide programs that are recorded. like some sort of parental control for recordings? :confused:

I hope the HOES fix your problem..

I had the strange buzzing happen to me a day of two ago. It popped up sporatically on a few channels, but changing channels would usually clear the problem. It only last a hour or two so I didn't pay it much attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)