97W Dead?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Yesterday I "lost" 97W. Just wondering if the sat died? Can get 95 and CCTV at 75Q and 101 Pentagon 75Q. If dish out of whack, I would think they would not come in also.:confused:

Nano. Moved back and forth between 95 and 101(slowly) and nothing. Odd, because I have had it for a long time now. That is why I thought the Sat croaked.

That's Odd. Got a analog sig meter? put inline and see if there's a 'bump' in between 95 and 101?

Go into settings and make sure your settings for 97W have not got inadvertently changed to wrong LO or something.

That's Odd. Got a analog sig meter? put inline and see if there's a 'bump' in between 95 and 101?
I will check when I get some time. At least I know that some space aliens did not steal the satellite.....

Go into settings and make sure your settings for 97W have not got inadvertently changed to wrong LO or something.
Yes. Did that. All OK.

If 97 went bye bye, this forum would be on fire!
Well, that is what I was looking for before posting this. It would get lots of action for sure.

profilepic151853_2.gif

Figure it out yet??
^^screencap from the end of a feed a while ago^^

Well this baffles all. I checked today and Saudi Quran, RT, and Ebru would not show up. So while I was re-re-checking the settings and found all were and are exactly what Lyngsat shows, it really got confusing. I noticed there were still several freqs in the Nano that I had left after a scan some time ago. They were channels I deleted after seeing what they were. Well, I clicked over to a few of these and had S & Q. So I scanned them and picked up zillions of stations with S=90 and Q=73 to 75. So I was on the satellite. Still no Saudi, RT, and Ebru.:confused:
That did not add up. An LNB that decides it will not work on a few transponders but will work on all others. Then a few minutes ago, I checked again and Saudi and RT car now back on with S=90 and Q=72! Still no Ebru. Just as if they were off the air and someone turned on a switch and there they are.
Can a maybe slowly dying LNB work that way???
Also a question about the Saudi Quran channel, 97W 12152, 20000 H, what is the large black cube they are all walking around, and around, and around? Are they that dedicated to their religion or are they told "show up or else?" That is thousands of people.

Also a question about the Saudi Quran channel, 97W 12152, 20000 H, what is the large black cube they are all walking around, and around, and around? Are they that dedicated to their religion or are they told "show up or else?" That is thousands of people.

I understand that´s a religious thing, also something with having to do that trip once in who knows ? a lifetime, once a year I don´t know

That is the city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia. A google search will tell you all you need or want to know.

One of the most holiest places in Islam, a Muslim is supposed to perform Hajj (pilgrimage) at least once in his life to go to the Al-Haram mosque in Mecca and circumambulate counterclockwise 7 times around the black cubed Kaaba, an ancient temple supposedly constructed by Abraham himself and "cleansed" by Mohammed. It is very old and predates the founding of Islam. This is the direction Muslims face when praying five times a day.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba

By the way, I would also suspect a dying lnbf, or possibly a voltage problem or loose connections. Any test receiver you can try instead of the Nano?

Any problems on any other Ku sats? I've been having problems with Ebru lately myself, but have also been having issues with my Ku dish not locking good on a few other sats as well the past few weeks. No signal whenever I go to Ebru, but if I leave the receiver on another channel on the same sat. for a while and then switch back to Ebru, it's there, nice and strong.

Oddly enough, the channels on 125 W have been coming in great for me the last few weeks, where as before I could hardly ever get them, go figure!

What LNB are you using, RT-Cat?

One of the most holiest places in Islam.....It is very old and predates the founding of Islam......
Great info, Thanks.

By the way, I would also suspect a dying lnbf, or possibly a voltage problem or loose connections. Any test receiver you can try instead of the Nano?
Could be the amp. All connections tight.

I have to be 'right on' to get Ebru. (30 inch ChannelMaster) Most of the rest are more foregiving.
This is on a 48 inch by 53 inch Prodelin. It should be able to "suck up" something.

Any problems on any other Ku sats? I've been having problems with Ebru lately myself, but have also been having issues with my Ku dish not locking good on a few other sats as well the past few weeks. No signal whenever I go to Ebru, but if I leave the receiver on another channel on the same sat. for a while and then switch back to Ebru, it's there, nice and strong.

Oddly enough, the channels on 125 W have been coming in great for me the last few weeks, where as before I could hardly ever get them, go figure!

What LNB are you using, RT-Cat?
All other Ku's working fine. From 87 to 101.
125 always been great on the channel master.
Geosat pro on the Prodelin at this time. Was working great, Ebru also, until this drop out popped up.
IF and when, IF EVER, this blasted Winter ends(15 to 20 degrees below normal now)I will do some experiments on different LNB's on the big "P."
Meow......

It got warm today, 38 degrees, so I went and changed the Geosat Pro with the Titanium PLL-1KS. Brought Q on most up a tick or so. But still no change with 97W 12152, 20000, H, RT-TV!
So here is the list of what the Nano shows when this will not come in:
97W prodelin
LNB Frequency 10750
Frequency 12152
Symbol rate 20000
Polarity H
DiSEqc 1.2-7
22K = OFF (no 22K switches)
12V Off
Channel Russia Today
service ID 0X01CE
Vid Pid 0110
Aud Pid 0130(Dolby D)
PCR Pid 0110
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Cas CA Freq
Version 1.1.76
Vid format mpeg-2
AND the best part of this mystery: NONE of these change when the channel decides it will play.
And at the same time, other channels play with S=90 and Q=72-75
THIS JUST DOES NOT ADD UP!
Last night it came in without any problem. It is not snowing or raining at this time.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have been having problems with 97W for the last few days. When RT wasnt working a rescan of the sat did not find it again. I had to sit on the tp and wait for q to jump to allow a scan. The last few days sent me to search the forums for ideas. RT works fine at times and others q jumps around.
This is with a fixed dish pointed at 97w and an Amiko Alien2. I may try using my c/ku 10' mesh but if you are having problems as well....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)