97W update soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Hi folks... I apologize for the delay in the updated guide, but it has been one thing after another. On the one hand, there is good news -- I have started full-time work and can start saving up for my little cottage I hope to start building later this year. But what has occupied my time even more is the bad news -- a series of events that just keep piling up. First, my uncle died around Labor Day. Then my great-uncle died a few weeks later. Yesterday, my mom's cousin and dad's best friend died. And during this same one month period, my grandmother's dementia has turned into early Alzheimer's, requiring hospice care in addition to our constant surveillance and assistance from next door.

FTA is a nice hobby where I can forget my cares for a while, and I enjoy making the list for everyone, so I do hope to get it out there soon. But I thought I'd drop a line explaining why I've disappeared for a while.

Reactions: Babadem
I am going through rough times also with my mom being sick and my apartment situation not letting up on the people in the apartments. FTA gave me a release from dealing with all the bad stuff going on. I feel bad for you what you have to put up with and going through.

We appreciate the work you put into the list, nice to see you around, and hopefully you can find some relief now in your full time work, and of course in FTA.
I guess many of us have also been trough difficult situations at one time or another, and have also found some joy in FTA, to light up our days.
I myself try do so, as I travel a little around the world from one FTA channel to another, and that helps me to forget a little the daily problems.

Thanks for your work! I use it often - when someone from a foreign land wants a dish/receiver setup in their language. Sorry of course for you heartache - but it is great that you have a positive way forward. I look forward to your updates.
Bob

Reactions: northgeorgia
Sorry to hear that you and your family have had so much heartache of late. The journey through life can be overwhelming at times. We all appreciate the effort you put into the list but as others have said, take care of your family, the forum will be here when you are ready to return.

Hope all your challenges resolve themselves soon. You'll come out of this a stronger and better person.
Thank you for all your dedication and hard work.

Reactions: northgeorgia
For starters, apologies are not necessary. To the FTA community, you provide a useful service but it doesn't hurt us to get off our derrieres and do a little for ourselves. You'll continue to be a service when it's time. Just remember what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. I'm sure there is a lot of members here that can empathize with you but as far as I can see this shows your strength just by the example you display even when you are at your lowest. Hang in there and you'll get back to do what you love to do. These are words I remind myself everyday. Take care and be well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)