988 menu in Moto STB ?

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
In the manual tune menu is there anything there i can change to get a better picture? symbol rate, coding mode, or frequency for instance?

ty :confused:

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is NO. Symbol rate and coding mode are specific to VOOM; frequency and polarity are channel-specific.

nope you are stuck with the 12mbps service at this point. but if they got rid of just 3 worhtless originals they could easily up the average to 13 mbps and give us better picture quality.

bryan27 said:
Would that be Rave, Rush, and Ultra? Those are the 3 that are worthless to me :D

I would suggest 3 of the 10 movie channels....at least rave, rush and ultra have decent pictures and current content....IMHO :yes

Bah!!! I like rave and rush. Ultra I could do without though...unless they start some bikini model shows or maybe a miss hawaiian tropic pageant here and there....

bryan27 said:
Would that be Rave, Rush, and Ultra? Those are the 3 that are worthless to me :D
I second that opinion! :D
But who watches Moov, Gallery, Auction?

I watch MOOV, almost daily :) I've watched Gallery only if the program is actually a documentary. I only watched Auction once and it was, well, borring.

I can do without Equator, I've seen everything on it on PBS-HD. Exact same content and programs PBS-HD showed for it's first 2 years. But If you didn't get PBS-HD a couple years ago it's all new and fresh :)

I think they should try to get rid of the SD channels that are the same as an HD channel.

what about Rave? an HD music channel sounds great on paper. in reality, they just show the same soundstage concerts that were on PBS LAST year. over and over again.

Rush and Rave are pretty good compared to some of the others, I could care less about any of the Cinema 10 channels, Gallery and Auction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts