99w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

metal head

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
The Rock
Hello Everybody! First time posting here, its a really good site. Seems like you guys know your stuff. I currently have three dishes up hitting 93,97 and 101 with a four port diseq switch. I have one more available port if I wanted to shoot something else, anybody have any suggestions for me. I was thinking about 99w but it looks to be all wild feeds. Is it worth tuning into or a waste of time. Thanks for any help.

It dosnt really matter to me, I just do it for fun. But for me here in newfoundland its limited to what I can find because so low on the horizon. I didnt know if someone could recommend something.

Metal Head,

I might suggest trying for 30.0°W Hispasat 1C/1D and expressly the channel "Cubavision".

Most of the other channels are mirrors of what is on 97.0°W, but they are not identical. Cubavision is one of the special channels that is not carried on 97.0°W.

Cubavision sometimes airs great movies in ENGLISH, but with Spanish subtitles, and with NO commercials.

Do a search of stuff posted here regarding HISPASAT as I recently posted some EIRP maps for this sat that may give you an indication of how well it might be received in your location.

Since you mention that you do this moreso for fun, like most of the rest of us, this would be a cool satellite to try for as you can get a ton of FTA channels from this bird if you can pull it in.

I would also like to tell you "WELCOME" to SatelliteGuys! Glad you joined!

RADAR

Some of the sats we can get here in Newfoundland with a starchoice 75E dish
87W AMC 3
89W Galaxy 28
93.1 Galaxy 25
97 Galaxy 19
99 Galaxy 16
101 AMC 4
105 AMC 15
107.3 Anik F1- never found anything FTA on this
111.1 Anik F2
113W SatMex 6

Never tried lower than 87W yet or higher than 113W (houses in the way) with Starchoice got a few more lower with the 1.2 meter last year also seen another member from Nfld say he hit 125W few HD channels there if you have a HD receiver, like to here from you if you hit 83W AMC 9, been trying a while to hit that with no luck on 75E never tried the 1.2 meter since they boosted the signal a while back.
you can check the list here or lyngsat.com / satbeams / sathint for actice tp you might like to view

Thanks for the replies guys. Hispasat is pretty much out for me according to lyngsat. 83w I would love to get but its outside the foot print for me it covers about half of the province, I have tried to get it with a 33" but no luck. I will try 87 and 105 to see what I can get. Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts