A Circular LNB on top of Linear LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Hello People this is my first post in this forum. I am mighty green when it comes to FTA. Would installing a Legacy Circular LNB on top of a Invacom SNH-031Linear LNB to a 37" Satellite AV Dish, make it work with not too much of a problem? . I was told that Invacom makes a model QPH-031 that contains the Linear as well as the Circular functions built into one. I am trying to mimic this setup, Is it worth the bother?. Any constructive comments or criticisms are welcome.:)
Thanking You in advance.

easiest thing to do is put it on the side of the KU LNB. Thats what I just got off my roof doing. I have a Sadoun KU LNB and put a DBS LNB next to it.

Yes the satellite location is off by 5 or 6 degrees (so if you have the KU at 79 the DBS may be at 74) but a motor can take care of that issue :)

Here's an old one that I did about a year ago. The one on the right is KU and left is DBS

The DBS is off by -6 degrees so if I was at 95, the DBS was at 89

Attachments

• IM000370.JPG
    IM000370.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 305
I did that too, you can't see in iceberg's picture, but well my setup, the dbs lnb is about 1/2" higher than the ku fss lnb to get optimal signal.

Thank You Iceberg and simulated for your response. Right after I posted that question, I ordered a QPH-031 LNB from ebay. As I said, I am green with this FTA experience and figure that this LNB will take care of the problem. When I receive my LNB and I am ready to install it I will give you guys a shout for some assistance. I bought a SG2100 Disecq 1.2 Motorized H-H Mount, and was told that it is not as easy as an Usals type motor to install/setup. I will keep the spare SNH-31 LNB for future use. Oh! I just noticed that Iceberg has the same motor that I have:)
Thanks again

Last edited:
I was not aware that it is a dual system, all I remmember reading was Disecq 1.2 on the box, of course that was almost a year ago before Hurricane Katrina did it's thing on my house, and lost most of any docunmentations that I had. Now, I am trying to get back to a normal life.
Thanks again

The motor will work with Diseqc 1.2 and Diseqc 1.3 (USALS). Its the reciever that really makes the decision (some receivers only do 1.2) :)

Thanks Iceberg....I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, and after reading the manual I noticed that it works with the USALS system. So as soon as my new LNB arrives, I will be setting it up, and report my progress.

The fortec is an overall good machine, I picked one up off of ebay for $50 3 or 4 months ago. I particularily like the blind scan and USALS functions. Let us know how you fair out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)