A message to Orby

I haven't had to do anything with it yet..Had it about 4 months now... Occasionally have it turn the screen all pink and green but that's the HDMI outputs on Orby receivers.. just unplug the HDMI cable and back in all good

Reactions: N6BY
I haven't had to do anything with it yet..Had it about 4 months now... Occasionally have it turn the screen all pink and green but that's the HDMI outputs on Orby receivers.. just unplug the HDMI cable and back in all good
Thanks for the info. Mine may be defective then.

It looks OK. Wish it didn't have the bright red light when its off. Nothing that black tape won't fix, I guess.
Layers of blue painters tape works well, comes off easily when needed, and does not leave a residue.

Reactions: N6BY
No, not looking forward to bill 25. But I can switch providers or try to negotiate it down if its too much.

I agree that I would rather own the receiver than rent it. And no contract is nice, but I understand that Dish has to recoup their investment in the dish, LNB, and cost of installation.

If I send back the Orby DVR for testing, I am not sure if they would test it for 3-4 days to reproduce the problem I am having. Maybe I'll call and ask.

However, last time I called they argued with me about my bill. They cancelled my service. Turned out to be THEIR billing error. They turned off my service without warning even though I had a large credit balance. They did, however, apologize for their mistake and offered me a free month of service. But I have not seen that show up on my account yet.

Dish Network is messed up too. I subscribed to them for a very long time. Once they claimed they owned the DVR I purchased. When I disputed that, they required me to show them a receipt. But this time around that issue won't come up since its leased.

In the end, you just have to find the TV service that sucks the least. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find it. Orby simply didn't work out for me.

Same here on my Hopper 3. I even heard te technition tell the person activating my Hopper 3 that it is a purchased receiver. Still on my account the DVR is considered leased.

Comcast is good for that as well. Took my receipt for my cable modem to their office. Still see leased on my bill from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My internet was down most of the day yesterday. Glad I have satellite (Orby now, Dish Network soon).

We have satellite, too. Had cable for a while then DirectTV once local channels were added and now Dish for over a decade....started out with AT250 then Latino Dos w/Encore and now Welcome Pack with Dish Movie Pack...

I can get a free orby dealer demo and don’t even want it.

It’s a good service for certain people.

I prefer traditional Directv and TiVo with a Comcast cable card.
My Lifetime Service TiVo saves me $12 per month on Dish Network. Am very happy with the Hopper Duo which was installed Thursday.

... Not sure what to do with my Orby DVR. Should I pay (and possibly waste money) to send it back to Orby for repair so I can sell it?

My Lifetime Service TiVo saves me $12 per month on Dish Network. Am very happy with the Hopper Duo which was installed Thursday.

... Not sure what to do with my Orby DVR. Should I pay (and possibly waste money) to send it back to Orby for repair so I can sell it?
How does it save you $12 a month, with the Hoppper Duo?

Have you reached out to Orby about the DVR STB testing yet?
Called today. At first the guy wanted to send me a new remote control. I said its not the remote control since power cycling the receiver fixes it.

So he said he would have an installer come and replace the receiver. They haven't contacted me for an appointment yet. Might take a few days.

Called today. At first the guy wanted to send me a new remote control. I said its not the remote control since power cycling the receiver fixes it.

So he said he would have an installer come and replace the receiver. They haven't contacted me for an appointment yet. Might take a few days.
Try disconnecting the hard drive, see if it boots up ok without it, sometimes times these hard drives develops bad sector, seen it happens with Dish receivers, i replaced the drive, problem fix