A Must See!!!! HD Tivo video demo from CES!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
click on the link below to see the DIRECTV HD DVR video demo.

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/AnchorDesk/4520-7298_16-5117343.html?tag=adss

~*make sure all pop-up blocking software is off or override with the "ctrl" key, by holding down until page has loaded.*
~once at link, scroll down page, click on picture of DIRECTV HD DVR on the right hand side and again make sure pop-up software is off or overridden.
~Note: video intro will start, then stop, then start with the 3 min. demo.
March release UPDATE!
Expect to see sales officially start 3/31/04 priced at an MSRP of $999.95.

watch the video before they take it off the site. It is a great info filled video! :)

DVDDAD: It is still there. I just watched it. If you have any pop up blockers, hold down the CTRL Key while you click the link, and you will get it.

Alan

Fox HD - Maybe not

One thing I noted from theDitecTV rep in that video when he was describing the services to be added, he noted some HD services, but said "Fox wide-screen" which, to me, implies not all HD. Does anyone have any scoop on Fox's plans?

ramcm7 said:
One thing I noted from theDitecTV rep in that video when he was describing the services to be added, he noted some HD services, but said "Fox wide-screen" which, to me, implies not all HD. Does anyone have any scoop on Fox's plans?

Fox broadcasts in 480p. Some stations only show in 480i. Neither is "HD". I believe they are supposed to go HD (not sure which format) starting this fall.

Did I miss something in that video? I watched and it really showed nothing.

Yeah - HD recording. Nothing wiz-bang though. I saw 3 different HD PVR's at CES, and this video could have been for any for all the details they gave.

Not saying this unit is not great, just you can't really tell anything about it from this video IMHO.

HD DVR...Other Manufacturers?

Great information...thanks. Does anyone know if other manufacturers will market a similar DVR receiver? I am concerned about the quality of the signal and features on the first edition of such a box.

John

At this point DIRECTV has blocked out all other manufacturers from making a competitive Box, since they want to standardize all receivers some day soon like Dish has, thus making them all under the DIRECTV name, and since Hughes is partner with DIRECTV they are the easiest to standardize. So, I don't expect to see any other brands in on this HD Box, but only time will tell, I might be wrong. I would not be concerned about the same problems that the 921 has, I think that is why they have delayed the intro of this Box, to learn from what Dish did wrong with the 921 and what people hate or love about it. in other words NO "official HD DirecTivo support forum" will be needed. expect the HD Tivo to have almost no quality faults or major operating problems, that is what I expect for long wait and about $1000 worth of my money, don't you? :)

If you have not yet seen the video, this is almost your last chance, word is that they will take it down before the unit is released on 3/31/04. see it now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts