A new AZtrino v1.1 for Premium HD, Premium HD+, Elite HD and Ultra HD

I notice that they don't have the loader or any pdfs on the download page. How are people suppose to load it, and know what they are doing?

Of course, I know what I'm doing, I'm NOT loading it!

Unless otherwise specified the install would be the same, ie you use the same loader. Not loading is always an option. I do think we are going to see a lot of updates coming for Neutrino given that its also the firmware for the ME. As with the initial release, there is no good reason to load this version unless you want to play.

Unless otherwise specified the install would be the same, ie you use the same loader. Not loading is always an option. I do think we are going to see a lot of updates coming for Neutrino given that its also the firmware for the ME. As with the initial release, there is no good reason to load this version unless you want to play.

My point was that loader, firmware to go back to official firmware, and the pdfs explaining how to install the new firmware, which all were on the page previously (as I downloaded it all) are now missing from the site. Anyone who didn't catch those downloads is out of luck to even try it (though that may be a good thing at this time!). Not a good situation.

I just looked and you are correct, the Neutrino loader is missing. I guess that's one way to decrease complaints about firmware, make sure the customer can't load it. ;)

I tried to do the Dual Boot with E2 and Neutrino - did not work.

In theory, in order to try and setup a dual boot E2/Neutrino you would need to install E2 on the receiver and Neutrino on USB. IIRC, to install Neutrino as bootable on USB, you need to rename the bin file so that AZup thinks its loading a OFW file. Is this what you tried?

In theory, in order to try and setup a dual boot E2/Neutrino you would need to install E2 on the receiver and Neutrino on USB. IIRC, to install Neutrino as bootable on USB, you need to rename the bin file so that AZup thinks its loading a OFW file. Is this what you tried?

Yep. Installed E2 on DOM, then installed Neutrino to USB. Files were written to USB, but looks incomplete - not full file structure.
I did use AZup 2.1.4, and instructions I read used 2.1.3.

I just happen to see this posted on RTI forum

Roger Rabbit Administrator

Originally Posted by primarijus
Can I install this image on USB?

Yes

Procedure

1. You must have Enigma 2 installed on DOM

2. Download and extract neutrino.bin

3. Rename neutrino.bin to patch.e2

4. Remove any additional USB exept one you want to install neutrino

5. Open AZUp 2.1.4 and put box i rescue mode

6. Selcect USB on AzUp screen

7. Use standard procedure like you upgrade fw for e2 (if you use enigma 1.5 or up you may uncheck copy kernel)

8. Enjoy

Little addons

Do not put any additional USB drive for recording it will mess up booting especialy for elite users
If you use stick with 4GB and up find and edit edit neutrino.conf
find
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/sda1/music
and change to
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/cf/
or
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/cf/music if you make music folder in cf
You have couple of similar lines for recording pictures and movies ...
save to box and reboot
You can now record etc​

I just happen to see this posted on RTI forum

Roger Rabbit
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • add.png
    Add as Contact
user-offline.png
Administrator
Join Date Jan 2011Location MilkyWayPosts 106Time Online 1 Day 8 Hours 42 Minutes 57 SecondsAvg. Time Online 7 Seconds

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by primarijus
Can I install this image on USB?

Yes

Procedure

1. You must have Enigma 2 installed on DOM

2. Download and extract neutrino.bin

3. Rename neutrino.bin to patch.e2

4. Remove any additional USB exept one you want to install neutrino

5. Open AZUp 2.1.4 and put box i rescue mode

6. Selcect USB on AzUp screen

7. Use standard procedure like you upgrade fw for e2 (if you use enigma 1.5 or up you may uncheck copy kernel)

8. Enjoy

Little addons

Do not put any additional USB drive for recording it will mess up booting especialy for elite users
If you use stick with 4GB and up find and edit edit neutrino.conf
find
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/sda1/music
and change to
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/cf/
or
network_nfs_audioplayerdir=/media/cf/music if you make music folder in cf
You have couple of similar lines for recording pictures and movies ...
save to box and reboot
You can now record etc​

That is procedure I followed, with exception to #7, I had Copy Kernel selected.

I was assuming I leave the DOM installed, and if the USB Stick I installed to was connected, it would boot to Neutrino.
And if I removed USB Stick, it would boot to E2

Was bored, so I tried to install Neutrino direct to USB Stick without DOM installed - it failed too.
So grabbed a Camera Chip, and USB adapter, and it installed fine, so my USB Stick is just hosed.

FYI, I still could not lock C Band with Neutrino 1.1.

I've tried all the firmware flavors on my Ultra and can report that Neutrino yields a much more sensitive tuner, at least for me. Transponders on Amazonas that would not lock with the factory firmware scan in beautifully under Neutrino. I can lock both C and ku band transponders as long as they're not 8psk. For some reason I've had limited success with most 8psk feeds under Neutrino. As an example I've tried to lock the RTV's on SES2 and the scan either fails or the box reboots however, the Weathernation feeds on SES2 come in perfectly.

Given some time Neutrino could be very promising. One things for sure, the remote control works better for me too under Neutrino than any of the other firmwares.

Was bored, so I tried to install Neutrino direct to USB Stick without DOM installed - it failed too.
So grabbed a Camera Chip, and USB adapter, and it installed fine, so my USB Stick is just hosed.

FYI, I still could not lock C Band with Neutrino 1.1.

Good to hear you were able to setup dual boot. Is it possible the corrupt USB stick contributed to the pseudobricking? Not sure why you can't lock any Cband but I'm wondering if its related to your LNB configuration settings.

I did not pay attention, but I was mostly testing DVB-S2 TPs.
Another possibility is that I am using a DMX741 C/Ku LNBF, with built-in 22KHz switch, but using an external DiSEqC Switch to go between- possible that Neutrino has 22KHz on all the time - as I was able to lock C Band in Vers 1.0 when AZ was slaved to another receiver.
For LNB Setup, I chose Advanced, Commited Switch 3, LNB Low and High 5150 (switch 00000), and set Rotor Position.

Lak7 said:
I did not pay attention, but I was mostly testing DVB-S2 TPs.
Another possibility is that I am using a DMX741 C/Ku LNBF, with built-in 22KHz switch, but using an external DiSEqC Switch to go between- possible that Neutrino has 22KHz on all the time - as I was able to lock C Band in Vers 1.0 when AZ was slaved to another receiver.
For LNB Setup, I chose Advanced, Commited Switch 3, LNB Low and High 5150 (switch 00000), and set Rotor Position.

set lof switch to 04200 and try cband again.

crackt out,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)