AZBox dual boot question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
I have read that you can Dual Boot the AZBox using E2 and Neutrino, but details of what "dual boot" actually means.....
I'm thinking that you can install E2 on the AZBox DOM and Neutrino onto a USB Stick and either get a choice at Bootup of which to use, or Reboot with USB in for Neutrino, and Remove USB and boot for E2.
Or do you need to reinstall each time to switch?
Thanks make sense?

I'm running the RTi Core 1.4 E2, working very nice so far.

I haven't done it for a while but at one point in time I had it set up such that the receiver would boot up running E2 and factory firmware running on USB stick. There are also a couple of plug-ins which apparently allow you to boot to E2/OFW and Neutrino/OFW via on screen menu although I haven't tried them. If an E2/Neutrino option doesn't exist yet or can't be somehow put together I'm sure it will be released soon or you could ask Pingflood to add an E2/Neutrino version of multiboot which I think wouldn't be too difficult.

RTi Enigma 2 Project for AzBox HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)