A new one on me

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O

Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O
Sounds like it was causing a short. Any signs of water infiltration in the lnb?

You were probably trying to move it while tuned to a vertical 13 volt channel, and that lnb was drawing a little bit too much current.

I wonder what would have happened if you had tried a horizontal 18 volt channel?

Reactions: spongella
As I said, I tried everything from the receiver end (that would include changing channels) to no avail.

FTA4PA - no sign of water infiltration plus I have a rain shield mounted over top and it hasn't rained in almost two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)