A new one on me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O

Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O
Sounds like it was causing a short. Any signs of water infiltration in the lnb?

You were probably trying to move it while tuned to a vertical 13 volt channel, and that lnb was drawing a little bit too much current.

I wonder what would have happened if you had tried a horizontal 18 volt channel?

Reactions: spongella
As I said, I tried everything from the receiver end (that would include changing channels) to no avail.

FTA4PA - no sign of water infiltration plus I have a rain shield mounted over top and it hasn't rained in almost two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)