A new one on me (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Today my motorized (STAB 90/USALS) 90cm FTA dish stopped moving. I tried everything with the receiver and no go. I tested voltages, continuity, and cables and all tested OK. So, just for chuckles I disconnected the cable from the LNB and there she went! Connected it back and the dish won't move. Disconnect and she moves. Replacing the LNB fixed it. That's a new one on me, a defective LNB disabling the dish motor. o_O
Sounds like it was causing a short. Any signs of water infiltration in the lnb?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
You were probably trying to move it while tuned to a vertical 13 volt channel, and that lnb was drawing a little bit too much current.

I wonder what would have happened if you had tried a horizontal 18 volt channel?

Reactions: spongella

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts