A Note From Scott on New HD

Yes well today is April 10th, the day that will supposedly see new HD channels....well we will have to see what happens by this afternoon. I just hope for new HD...but after the last few times I am not holding my breath.

if not today then maybe next Wednesday or the Wednesday after that or the Wednesday after that .........that covers all the Wednesday's left in April for new national HD.... :p

The countdown is starting at our house, T - 20 days until a call is made.

If I ever get to a store that has a Direct HD DVR up and running so I can use it my self, it may be sooner.

The new HD channels if they do indeed come on for us is what he is talking about

Ok, but he was expressing surprise that they weren't on at 6:00 AM. Which is strange since this whole thread started with Scott's post indicating that it was unlikely that there would be new national HD this week since they were taken off of the updated changes list.

There was a thread ... don't know where, where retailers received PDFs detailing the 10th.

I actually saved one of the PDFs and have attached it to this post.

There was also a spreadsheet that detailed 6AM on the 10th. This was in a thread somewhere too. Didn't save this one.

So naturally, I was a little surprised that at least the local stuff was not turned on.

Edit:

Actually here is the link to the other PDFs ... the actual thread was this one :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1308079-post105.html

So to save space, I have removed the attachment. It can be obtained via the link above.

No new HD for you guys yet?
You might see something midnight tonight, thats what DTV does, Wednesday midnight they light up new channels, so don't give up your hopes Dish customers!

No new HD for you guys yet?
You might see something midnight tonight, thats what DTV does, Wednesday midnight they light up new channels, so don't give up your hopes Dish customers!
Now you're just being mean. :( Giving us a reason to hope makes the inevitable disappointment that much worse. :D

The countdown is starting at our house, T - 20 days until a call is made.

If I ever get to a store that has a Direct HD DVR up and running so I can use it my self, it may be sooner.
if you ever get to use it yourself, it may be later. I'm not deluding myself into staying with E* cause their equipment is better, it really is better. I can't stand D*'s. Friends have it, so I used it every weekend since New Years, and i still cant get used to it. But you may really like it. I hope you do.

Go See Cars

You should see the HD cartoons on Disney. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh look amazing! Even my wife stopped and said WOW!

Stores should put these shows on their HDTV displays.
For the doubters who don't think HD cartoons make sense, watch "Cars" on Blu-Ray. WOW!

For the doubters who don't think HD cartoons make sense, watch "Cars" on Blu-Ray. WOW!

Please read the whole thread before posting - we already said that.

But note that "Cars" is a movie (and thus is 16x9) and has been available on the movie channels.

Most of the cartoon programming is 4x3 and SD as well. Hopefully, more HD cartoon TV shows will happen in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts