A quick question

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
I am switching to Directv because I cannot get line of sight to either 129 or 61.5. I have a leased 625 receiver.

My question is, would I be able to downgrade to JUST the locals package or do I need at least the dish family with a leased reciever? I'd be willing to pay a fee to keep the reciever if I had to.

If I do need at least dish family, I'll probably look into buying a new receiver sometime.

Thanks for your help, just curious.

I am switching to Directv because I cannot get line of sight to either 129 or 61.5. I have a leased 625 receiver.
I know this doesn't answer your question but how can you be blocked for the 129 sat but still get 119? They are sooo close together one would think a minor movement or tree trim would let you get 129 OK. At worst you would have to put up another dish in a clear spot for 129.

Many say that is the best way to get a satisfactory 129 signal anyway. In my case 129 is very touchy and only by splitting the aiming difference between it and 119 can I get both well enough to get all transponders but at the cost of dropouts on both birds every once in a while. I would have to bit the bullet and buy a second dish just for 129 to get it all transponders perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)