A Sign From God ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
I was going to switch to directv because of the hole AMC dispute with Dish. I signed up and was scheduled for install on Oct 13th 2012, when the guy showed up, he told me that their was a line of sight problem. He said I could do a second opinion and someone would contact me with-in 72hrs, I said sounds good. Well one week later I e-mailed Directv and asked what was up, can I receive your signal or not. They give me a # to call, so I did and they tell me I'm scheduled for a second opinion in 72hrs I should hear from someone.This was on Oct 20th 2012, now it's Oct 24th 2012 and still know one has called or notified me in anyway. I can only assume that my money is no good to this company?(First impression) with Directv. My ? is, is this normal practice with Directv, I've never had a problem with Dish taking my hard earned cash:). Thanks Long Hair

You should have took the initiative to contact DirecTV directly if you were really interested in getting service. The technician works for a subcontractor and he is probably as far as your problem ever went.

I did contact Directv directly and they told me a second opinion was setup with-in 72hrs of Oct 20th.

No, you left it with the contractor who probably forgot when he got back to his truck! Always deal with Directv or an authorized retailer. Unless you like G4 or Epix, you will love directv. Try again!

No, you left it with the contractor who probably forgot when he got back to his truck! Always deal with Directv or an authorized retailer. Unless you like G4 or Epix, you will love directv. Try again!

No, I read this message for Directv and called the number that Directv gave me. "Thank you for contacting DIRECTV. I am very sorry if the local office has not contacted you yet about your appointment for a second opinion. We prioritize your valuable time, so I can assure you that this is just a rare incident.

Furthermore, please call us at 1-800-531-5000 between 8 AM to 1 AM ET daily to schedule your appointment because we are unable to do so via email. Our call center is staffed with highly-trained Customer Service Representatives who are ready to help.

You can be assured that we want to do business with you, Mr. B. Our Customer Service Representatives are ready and waiting to assist you.

Sincerely,"

To Clarify, when the installer offered the second opinion he called a phone #, told the lady his name,tech # and the problem LOS. He handed the phone to me and she asked me if I would like a second opinion, I said yes and she said within 72hrs someone would contact me.This was on Oct 13th 2012. The Message on post #5 was on Oct 20th 2012.

It's no sign from a higher power but a sign of how stupid and lazy our labor class workforce has become.

I see you have a big dish in your avatar so obviously you are not new to satellite installation.

Why don't you order yourself a HD Receiver and a SWM SlimLine-3 from solidsignal.com and install it yourself and activate it.

Or demand the installer leave the equipment there for you to install.

If you have dishnet you can get directv. The installer sounds lazy.

P.S. Do you have a Android phone? If so, download the DishPointer App and check LOS yourself. I LOVE THE APP.

http://www.dishpointer.com/2009/android-app-released/

Last edited:
@ TheTechGuru : no disrespect intended but that was a bit harsh mate. DTV is offering a free service to new customers..period. There is nothing lazy about accepting it. Its like saying, why do you need a waitress when you go to a restaurant? Dont be lazy and get your own meal from the kitchen.

Come on!

Cheers, K

@ TheTechGuru : no disrespect intended but that was a bit harsh mate. DTV is offering a free service to new customers..period. There is nothing lazy about accepting it. Its like saying, why do you need a waitress when you go to a restaurant? Dont be lazy and get your own meal from the kitchen.

Come on!

Cheers, K

I think you may have misunderstood, he was calling the installer lazy not the OP.

I do agree it is not a sign from God, but if DirecTV does not show initiative for an install imagine what will happen when there is a problem.

I know you're thinking about going to DirecTV due to DISH not having AMC, I am happy to say DISH and AMC Networks have reached a multi-year agreement which has restored the AMC channel.

It's no sign from a higher power but a sign of how stupid and lazy our labor class workforce has become.

I see you have a big dish in your avatar so obviously you are not new to satellite installation.

Why don't you order yourself a HD Receiver and a SWM SlimLine-3 from solidsignal.com and install it yourself and activate it.

Or demand the installer leave the equipment there for you to install.

If you have dishnet you can get directv. The installer sounds lazy.

P.S. Do you have a Android phone? If so, download the DishPointer App and check LOS yourself. I LOVE THE APP.

http://www.dishpointer.com/2009/android-app-released/

The installer was not lazy,but new with installing directv. He told me there was a small window, but needed 10 degrees clearance. He was in fear of losing his job if he did a half ass job, in the eyes of Directv. He thought a older tech would hook me up. So I don't blame the guy for covering his own ass. And yes I have a big dish, and thought about installing a Directv system myself, but I would not get the new customer discount. And no, I don't have a Android phone.

I know you're thinking about going to DirecTV due to DISH not having AMC, I am happy to say DISH and AMC Networks have reached a multi-year agreement which has restored the AMC channel.

Yes, I know. That's why I titled the thread "A Sign From God ?"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need advice on HR24-500

Sat 101 Signal Strength Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)