A Steal Of A Deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got 4 SD receivers for free, A tivo and 1 H10 1 H20 free, had to pay for one of the sd receivers for the 5th wheel. All installs free and 3 months of total choice free and 6 mouths of HD free. Plus after rebates they are paying me 20 bucks for taking all this equipment. The deals are there, you just have to work the CSRs. Granted I have spent at least 10 hrs on the phone to get this stuff free. They have put up 2 standard dual LNB dishes then a triple and now a AT-9. Plus 3 different multiplexers.
It just takes time and the right CSR, I have talked to 8 different call centers. The 1st question I ask the CSR is where they are located, If it is not Penn, Idaho, or Kansas, I say thank you and hang up. Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah or Alabama can not give a straight answer in my personal experience. Penn has been the best for me!

Eric Goempel said:
I got 4 SD receivers for free, A tivo and 1 H10 1 H20 free, had to pay for one of the sd receivers for the 5th wheel. All installs free and 3 months of total choice free and 6 mouths of HD free. Plus after rebates they are paying me 20 bucks for taking all this equipment. The deals are there, you just have to work the CSRs. Granted I have spent at least 10 hrs on the phone to get this stuff free. They have put up 2 standard dual LNB dishes then a triple and now a AT-9. Plus 3 different multiplexers.
It just takes time and the right CSR, I have talked to 8 different call centers. The 1st question I ask the CSR is where they are located, If it is not Penn, Idaho, or Kansas, I say thank you and hang up. Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah or Alabama can not give a straight answer in my personal experience. Penn has been the best for me!
Wow,that was a good deal Eric.:D Along with the equipment that I got for free,I also got HBO,Showtime and Starz free for the first three months.Also getting HD Pack and Sports Pack free for the first three months.:up My bill for the first three months should be around $42/mo.I agree with what you say about playing the CSR game too.In my estimation,the equipment alone that I am getting retails for approx. $600,not counting the free programming for the first three months,seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.:)

Eric Goempel said:
The 1st question I ask the CSR is where they are located, If it is not Penn, Idaho, or Kansas, I say thank you and hang up. Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah or Alabama can not give a straight answer in my personal experience. Penn has been the best for me!

Wow. I thought the people in the call centers were not suppose to tell you were they were. :confused:

steve615 said:
I just called 1-888-238-7177 to verify all of my info again,to be on the safe side.This number is a DIRECTV number,is that correct?According to the lady that I just spoke to,this is a new customer order,to be installed on Fri. March 3 between 8AM-NOON.

You are aware that the provider you have chosen throws 1/3 of the HD picture information in the trash can and sends you the other 2/3? And you want to look at that?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
vurbano said:
You are aware that the provider you have chosen throws 1/3 of the HD picture information in the trash can and sends you the other 2/3? And you want to look at that?

steve615 said:
Wow,that was a good deal Eric.:D Along with the equipment that I got for free,I also got HBO,Showtime and Starz free for the first three months.Also getting HD Pack and Sports Pack free for the first three months.:up My bill for the first three months should be around $42/mo.I agree with what you say about playing the CSR game too.In my estimation,the equipment alone that I am getting retails for approx. $600,not counting the free programming for the first three months,seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.:)

Steve, as long as people get a deal they are happy with that is all that matters :D
All that I am saying is if more people put the effort in they can save money on their equipment.

Tate
As soon as the CSR gives me their name I ask "how is the weather...where are you at?" If they do not give the answer I am looking for I simply say "oh, my wife is calling me, I will have to call you right back, sorry (insert CSR's name here)"

It gets the job done 100% of the time and no one gets upset.:D

happy to say i got something similiar

I happen to get a deal that was close. Two H20 recievers and an HR10-250 for 399 with a 200 mail-in rebate to bring it down to 199. The work order said 3LNB, but I got my AT9 installed today. It also included a year free protection plan and the 3 month free HD trial / showtime pack. Total Choiceplus (and only plus, not priemium) for 33 bucks for three months. It was a very odd experiance.

The customer rep gave a name for my deal. 'star nieghborhood' Very few reps can do this.. so its kinda luck of the draw. I got ahold of a rentention rep who could not hand it out and had to transfer me. I do not know where. I only kept asking how I could get two HD recievers free with a new sub and kept getting passed along.

vurbano said:
As a former 6+ year DISH sub,the answer to your question is yes.IMO,it doesn't matter what choice you make for a DBS provider these days,neither one is transmitting true HD signals,is this correct?I have read several threads on both sides of that issue on this site.Why pay to upgrade equipment when you can get equipment installed for free,does that make sense? :) It does to me.;) On another note,I am also waiting for my local phone co-op to get their IPTV service up and running,which should be ready for this area by the end of this year.I will be giving that option a try when it becomes available in this area.:hungry: :D Competition is good for the consumers,right?:up :)

Last edited:
Eric Goempel said:
Steve, as long as people get a deal they are happy with that is all that matters :D
All that I am saying is if more people put the effort in they can save money on their equipment.

Eric,I agree with that statement 100%.People that I know in this area just don't seem to have the patience to take some extra time on the phone to attempt to find the best deal possible.I have seen it happen too many times,if someone decides that they want this service or that service,pick up the phone and get it over with as soon as possible,no questions asked.It is a hurry up and go world we live in these days,but,if you want to save some money on the upfront costs,it takes a little time,for sure.:)

Heliopath said:
I happen to get a deal that was close. Two H20 recievers and an HR10-250 for 399 with a 200 mail-in rebate to bring it down to 199. The work order said 3LNB, but I got my AT9 installed today. It also included a year free protection plan and the 3 month free HD trial / showtime pack. Total Choiceplus (and only plus, not priemium) for 33 bucks for three months. It was a very odd experiance.

The customer rep gave a name for my deal. 'star nieghborhood' Very few reps can do this.. so its kinda luck of the draw. I got ahold of a rentention rep who could not hand it out and had to transfer me. I do not know where. I only kept asking how I could get two HD recievers free with a new sub and kept getting passed along.
That is good deal Heliopath.I must say that was how I felt too,it was a weird experience.The CSR that I made my deal with didn't have a name for it.I'm just happy with the deal that I got last night.:up :D

I was wondering if anyone has an idea how long the installation will take for two H20 receivers and the AT9 dish.I'm ready for March 3 to get here.:hungry: :)

Last edited:
Sounds good,thanks for the reply.:)

12 Step Program?

vurbano said:

I am reminded of the current Snickers commercial where some office workers confront their coworker to tell him that they know he is bald and that the Snickers bars he is wearing as a toupee aren't fooling anybody.

Can we get a group of people together to convince Vurbano that Voom is gone and that it is not coming back? Perhaps once he comes to terms with this, he will spew a bit less vitriol. :shh

After viewing the 2006/2007 plans for DIRECTV thread (thanks Scott),it looks like I picked a good time to make a deal with DIRECTV.:) It also appears that the Nashville HD locals should light up sometime in April,from what I have seen and read.:up :) The new HD DVR looks like something that I may be willing to invest in at a later date,that will have to wait a little while though.Does anyone know when this new Slim Line dish will be available?

T -7 days and counting...ready for the installation next Friday.:) Still wondering if anyone has heard anything about when this new Slim Line dish will be available.

Well,the day has finally arrived,I'm ready for the installation,between 8AM-NOON.I wanted to thank all of the members on here for the info,input,suggestions and comments.Alot of great info on this site,keep up the great work Scott.:up :)

ramcm7 said:
I am reminded of the current Snickers commercial where some office workers confront their coworker to tell him that they know he is bald and that the Snickers bars he is wearing as a toupee aren't fooling anybody.

Can we get a group of people together to convince Vurbano that Voom is gone and that it is not coming back? Perhaps once he comes to terms with this, he will spew a bit less vitriol. :shh

The Voom channels are on DISH.

Update

Well,after visits from 2 different technicians,we are on for the installation next Wednesday.Due to the line of sight issue (we have a pretty tall hill and several trees facing us from the south),we were looking at a commercial roof mount or a post mount with a taller,sturdier post,according to the last tech that paid a visit.The roof mount was out of the question (tin roof),so,I bought a 12' 6"x6" pressure treated post,put 3' of it in the ground (the tech stated that the post needed to be at least 7' out of the ground,so he has an extra 2' to play with now) and used 100 lbs. of concrete to help anchor this sucker...lol...I have also braced the upper part of the post to the house.I think that should be sufficient and stable enough to hold the AT9 dish.The original offer still stands from DIRECTV,we will own the equipment,not lease it.In regards to the H20 receivers,do I need to make 2 RG-6 runs from the OTA antenna to each receiver for locals OTA,or can I use some type of diplexer or splitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts