a/v problems

supereal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
I'm a newbie to Dish after 20 years of C-Band. I switched because of the loss of more and more channels available to my 4DTV. Dish Net seems to be OK, except for a varying audio/video sync problem. The audio lags the video on most channels, some more than others. I don't see this mentioned much on this forum, however. The CSR says a fix was coming last month. So far, no fix. Is it a receiver problem? If I'd known about this, I would not have signed up. Also, the "caller ID" feature does not work. I've heard it is only available thru the RF output. We use the S video out. CSR didn't know, but said "it might be a bad modem". Phone line is OK, and feature is enabled. Caller ID works on phones in the house. Any ideas?

supereal said:
I'm a newbie to Dish after 20 years of C-Band. I switched because of the loss of more and more channels available to my 4DTV. Dish Net seems to be OK, except for a varying audio/video sync problem. The audio lags the video on most channels, some more than others. I don't see this mentioned much on this forum, however. The CSR says a fix was coming last month. So far, no fix. Is it a receiver problem? If I'd known about this, I would not have signed up. Also, the "caller ID" feature does not work. I've heard it is only available thru the RF output. We use the S video out. CSR didn't know, but said "it might be a bad modem". Phone line is OK, and feature is enabled. Caller ID works on phones in the house. Any ideas?

I have never noticed any sync problems so it is probably an isolated case. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it for you.

If you are not having caller id on your system functioning properly then make sure that your system is grounded.

Thanks, guys. The system is grounded properly, so it is likely a problem with the 522. The diagnosis screen shows that the ID has never worked since installation. The audio/video sync problem is worse than the lack of caller ID. It varies from channel to channel, and looks like a badly dubbed foreign film on some, like FX. So many posts have said that swapping out the receiver doesn't help, I suspect we may get one with worse glitches!

Paying extra to view WPIX 11 & WWOR 9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)