A very bad idea that I had to combine my signals

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
So, I started thinking about those very old UHF to VHF converter and thought, if I could use one to convert one UHF channel to either channels 5 or 6, I could elevate the use of some of the traps that I have yet to purchase to trap out the noise.

Well, I bought one from Ebay. It was a 1972 model. It powered up. It would even get s channel here and there, but it would not stay in. So, either there is some type of automatic fine tuning in the thing that cannot lock on the digital signal, or it just randomly works. Sort of stinks because it would have been a lot easier to have converted a few channels to low VHF.

I know I could purchase a headend unit for about $100 per channel, however, they seem to be change; specific and I do not want to buy one for channels 35, 47, and 51, and then those channels move a year later to VHF.

Those things drift (frequency) BAD. Only work with an old analog TV that has the outer ring, on the tuner knob, known as 'fine tuning'. Needed to really use that to keep them tuned. Think that's your problem, too much 'drift'.
Want some more, may have a few in the museum.(maybe not, been some cleaning out done. IDKFS)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts