TIVO blowout supersale. $50 Tivo, $250 LIFETIME!

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Jump on this quick, if you even think you want one! Tivo basic can do OTA or cable, so is the way to go if you are planning on using an antenna. These sales sell out quick, so don't wait.

https://www.tivo.com/shop/promo/supersavings

$49.99 Tivo refurb, and $249.99 LIFETIME service! That's $100 cheaper than when I bought mine last month. My refurb is absolutely brand-new, and I've had no issues with it.

Reactions: mikew and osu1991
Damn thats a good deal. Wish I could jump on that but money is a little tight right now
(and I have a Tivo HD with lifetime already)

I can't justify it myself. Just agreed to buy a new house last week. Closing is gonna take my disposable income for the coming months until I get moved and get my current home rented or sold. Still waffling over that decision at the moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony and KE4EST
I need to convert a Roamio to lifetime. Looks like my best bet is to junk the current one and buy a refurb with this sale. Throwing away a perfectly good Roamio will save me $100. Something wrong here.

I need to convert a Roamio to lifetime. Looks like my best bet is to junk the current one and buy a refurb with this sale. Throwing away a perfectly good Roamio will save me $100. Something wrong here.
I agree.
I wonder if Tivo will offer it to current subs who have the OTA Roamio (which didnt have lifetime at the beginning)

Hmmm. Does the EPG require Internet service?

YES!

Don't expect Tivo to agree to convert monthly subs to lifetime, just because of this sale. People have asked, and so far they have said NO to all.

It's worth buying one of these for the lifetime, and selling your other one. You can always sell it for a profit on Ebay if you don't keep it, as there will be people that find out about this sale too late, and still want one when they are all gone.

Ordered two. I ordered three last month as part of my plan to get off of DirecTV. Was going to get three minis next month. I have Extra Innings. When baseball season is over, my 15 year relationship with DirecTV will be over. I absolutely refuse to do business with ATT. I'm pretty excited to see how well this will all work out. Too bad I didn't wait until this month...would have saved $300.00.

Ordered two. I ordered three last month as part of my plan to get off of DirecTV. Was going to get three minis next month. I have Extra Innings. When baseball season is over, my 15 year relationship with DirecTV will be over. I absolutely refuse to do business with ATT. I'm pretty excited to see how well this will all work out. Too bad I didn't wait until this month...would have saved $300.00.
I was same way back in March or April. I ordered 3 and then sales hit that would have saved me a couple hundred each. Always seems to be the way it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree.
I wonder if Tivo will offer it to current subs who have the OTA Roamio (which didnt have lifetime at the beginning)
It would be a no brainer, except that I immediately put in a 2 TB disc in the existing unit. Would need to figure out how to get new unit info on existing disc.

Don't expect Tivo to agree to convert monthly subs to lifetime, just because of this sale. People have asked, and so far they have said NO to all.
yeah I loked at my account and it says "no other plans available" on the OTA Roamio.
I called them today too and the lady said they can't do it on existing units.

Is the life time subscription transferable to a newer device when it comes out? Unless the newer devices are upgradeable to ATSC v3.0, you may need to buy another one in the future (some say maybe 5 years out)...

Is the life time subscription transferable to a newer device when it comes out? Unless the newer devices are upgradeable to ATSC v3.0, you may need to buy another one in the future (some say maybe 5 years out)...
No, lifetime goes with the unit and can be sold. Units with lifetime attached go for around $300 used for a series 3 or Premiere.

Just called and ordered a ROAMIO with cable and OTA tuners for $300 it is just too good. If I drop DISH I can pay off this expense in less than 12 mo. As long as I can stand watching repeats and network reruns it should work out. I've got to add I've used DISH Chat twice asking for a reason to continue as a DISH subscriber both attempts were fruitless. First one I swear got me an overseas CSR that had no idea what OTA was, second CSR had computer problems and said come back later. Later is now after ordering a Roamio.