TIVO blowout supersale. $50 Tivo, $250 LIFETIME!

I wish DISH had customer service as good as TiVo. I ordered yesterday and because I was close enough to the Fort Worth fulfillment center UPS delivered it before noon today(Fri.). It is similar enough to my old TiVo there was virtually no learning curve. Surprisingly the new RF remote also operated my series 3 but my series 3 remote doesn't operate my Roamio.

I made 3 calls (CHATS) to Dish and finally on the 3rd chat got someone with some brains she referred me to retention. Retention was great at offering free movie channels and $10 off but couldn't give me a reason to stay with DISH.

Surprisingly the new RF remote also operatedmy series 3 but my series 3 remote doesn't operate my Roamio.

The roamio only runs off rf but can be used as an ir remote for other units. There is a way to change the remote address so they won't clash like that. I'd have to search for it. But it is rather easy if I remember right

The roamio only runs off rf but can be used as an ir remote for other units. There is a way to change the remote address so they won't clash like that. I'd have to search for it. But it is rather easy if I remember right

Can't be totally correct. I am using my Harmony 1 to control my Roamio 4 tuner and it is IR only.

I have bought several Tivos and always used to buy lifetime.

The last Tivo I bought was a Romario which I'm paying $9.99 monthly service on.

I have never benefited by buying lifetime. I always end up upgrading and loosing the lifetime sub.

I would only buy lifetime if they agreed to transfer it.

Come to think of it, everything I bought lifetime for from skyangel to the displayer lifetime (3 year) service I have never gotten a benefit of more than s few years.

I have bought several Tivos and always used to buy lifetime.

The last Tivo I bought was a Romario which I'm paying $9.99 monthly service on.

I have never benefited by buying lifetime. I always end up upgrading and loosing the lifetime sub.

I would only buy lifetime if they agreed to transfer it.

Come to think of it, everything I bought lifetime for from skyangel to the displayer lifetime (3 year) service I have never gotten a benefit of more than s few years.
Unlike you Claude I have been very satisfied with TiVo lifetime. In the process of buying the latest Roamio the CSR informed me my Series 1 was 15 years old and I still have it. My series 3 is 7 years and 1 month old, still working. I don't buy to resell I buy to use and my TiVos have been very reliable. I did upgrade the series 1 hard drive because it was so small but not because of a problem.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I wish I could have got lifetime on my Roamio OTA when I got it (when it first came out last September). My Series 3 has lifetime on it :)

I see people selling their Channel Master DVR+ on Ebay for top dollar (sucker born every minute), and defecting over to Tivo! lol

It's funny because of the rabid DVR+ users on AVS, that go nuts if anybody posts anything in the DVR+ thread about a Tivo...

Reactions: osu1991 and Mr Tony
I have to admit I was somewhat interested in the DVR+ but it seems like it's very lacking in the apps and streaming department, and of course is OTA only. Besides that I feel like Channel Master hasn't done that well with their free Linear TV streams. They took a long time to get it going, which I assumed was because they were signing contracts, acquiring rights to programming, etc. and then when it launched, it didn't seem like it actually had hardly any of the promised channels, and it didn't seem to stay "on air" very long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)