TIVO blowout supersale. $50 Tivo, $250 LIFETIME!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I seen the:
Tivo Roamio OTA on Amazon site for $299.99 for a lifetime service few weeks ago. It then went away for few weeks! Just checked and found that the price is back on now for $299.99. Don't know how long it will be up at that price!? See if this information helps someone. I did place my order before something changed.

I hope i like the service? I watched enough you-tube's for reviews. I called tivo and was told they are moving away from the roamio ota, but will still give service. They are trying to push the new bolt

While I understand them pushing the bolt, the Roamio is still well worth it. I have the OTA (had it for over a year) and I love it
They did phase out the older units. They wont activate a Series 3 (have one of them....2 tuner unit) anymore. If it has lifetime you're safe.

Tough to beat the Roamios performance and at $299 with lifetime it is a no brainer. I would have bought another at that price if I didn't already have 3 Roamio Basics and an OTA.

Will the TIVO Mini's work with the Roamio OTA? I also placed an order for for a new Mini for $119.00. I hope this will work? Or, maybe (should I have ordered a second Roamio OTA? Any adivce?????????????

Will the TIVO Mini's work with the Roamio OTA? I also placed an order for for a new Mini for $119.00. I hope this will work? Or, maybe (should I have ordered a second Roamio OTA? Any adivce?????????????
Mini works fine with OTA. We have 1 Mini my dad takes back and forth between his house here and our Condo in Vegas. It switches back and forth between a Roamio OTA here and a Roamio basic we have on cable out there.

I have 2 Minis in my house on a Roamio Basic. I take one back and forth with me when I go out there. That's why I put them all on the same account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for your very quick response....!! I think I'll get another Mini before the price goes up! Now, just hope the wife doesn't find out how money I just spent.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Update to my new (Roamio OTA)! I received my Roamio OTA today. I followed the enclosed directions and all works fine. I did have a brain fart, I hooked up the wrong cable. I used one of my FTA cables and not the OTA cable. I can now tell you an FTA cable will not work. After hooking up the right cable, I had all 21 channels for my area! I went online and registered everything! I had no issues! Thought I had everything done and was going to shut it down and I looked for the POWER button (forever)! Hey, there isn't any! I called tech support and they said i could use the energy setting for that! Dumb me. All in all, I am pleased with it! I have two Mini's that I will hook up next week when they arrive. I'll give an update on setup with the mini's when I get them!

(If I had not received the great information from people on this site, I don't think I would have spent my money! I do thank all that have helped me!)

THANKS!

Reactions: Mr Tony and Tampa8
The only reason you really want to turn off a TiVo (standby really) is if you have cable. If it is on and an EAS comes out it will drop all its recordings and turn to the EAS channel until the end of the announcement then resume the recordings. They seem to randomly like to test the EAS system or you get some amber alert from the other side of the state in the middle of all your recordings. If it is in standby it will not change to the EAS when recording.

The only reason you really want to turn off a TiVo (standby really) is if you have cable. If it is on and an EAS comes out it will drop all its recordings and turn to the EAS channel until the end of the announcement then resume the recordings. They seem to randomly like to test the EAS system or you get some amber alert from the other side of the state in the middle of all your recordings. If it is in standby it will not change to the EAS when recording.
Did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

Today Tivo started rolling out Skip Mode to all Roamios nationwide. HBO Go and WWE Network apps added too.

I got the apps on one of my Roamios but no skip mode yet

Got skip mode after 2 forced connections this afternoon. Works very well. Tivo makes a little ding sound and a notification on screen at each commercial break. Just press D or channel up and it jumps to next show segment

Got skip mode after 2 forced connections this afternoon. Works very well. Tivo makes a little ding sound and a notification on screen at each commercial break. Just press D or channel up and it jumps to next show segment

As of last night I still didn't have it even after a forced connection and a reboot. Apparently this is a common problem. There is a poll on the Tivo Community forums and the majority of people with OTA or Basic model Roamios do not have Skip Mode yet even though the rollout was supposed to finish up yesterday.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=538417

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts