A Word On VOOM Picture Quality

Lord that Giant Squid program on DSHD last night was hard to watch though. The red-light scenes were painfully pixelated.

-MP

Mr. Biggles said:
Your issue sounds like you either have bad STB's or your dish is pointed pretty poorly.

yea, folks have had PQ issues, but no one has reported channels not coming in at all.

Perhaps the LNB is bad - that's the only guess I could get from CSR. Who knows, but my signal strength is 50 better than when they installed. Just pullin' my hair out here. Thanks for the reply. :D

I looked at VOOM some more about a half hour ago, and all of the channels are still looking great for me. I saw a little pixilation on one channel for just a second, and when watching fast motion on Rush, I saw a slight amount of pixilation, but not much. All of the channels are still doing really well for me. Are other people still having a lot of problems?

seandudley said:
And how about playing all the videos you have available? When they re-did the videos and added some new ones at the beginning of the month, some of the good videos went away. Like the "Hey Baby" video by No Doubt, and the Toto concert footage. I really liked both of those, and they are nowhere to be seen now. There are probably some other ones missing that were running that are missing now that I haven't really noticed as well.
I agree I love the concerts they have but lets mix it up

Just like HDNET teases us to no end with Bikini Destinations. They have like 10 episodes now but only sell 5 online in DVHS format. Where's the rest? And they only show like one episode/month. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The absolute latest update from Wilt Hildenbrand of VOOM:
Okay guys, see how pictures seem tonight overall, including DiscoveryHD.
Should be back to where we were or damn close to it.
On any given segment on any given channel anything's still possible but overall things should be better.
I know I needn't say this but, let us know.
Thanks,
Wilt

Poor Quality?

I am experiencing some pixelizaton problems, blocking and sound cuts out every once in a while. Noticed it today 4-13-04 when watching "The Rock" on STZHDP. I also have noticed that the lack of sound when changing channels is becoming more frequent and somtimes I have to change the channel 2-3 times to get the sound to come back. I did notice the softness on some of the HD screens but it didn't stay and looks pretty good today. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

StewartFan said:
I am experiencing some pixelizaton problems, blocking and sound cuts out every once in a while. Noticed it today 4-13-04 when watching "The Rock" on STZHDP. I also have noticed that the lack of sound when changing channels is becoming more frequent and somtimes I have to change the channel 2-3 times to get the sound to come back. I did notice the softness on some of the HD screens but it didn't stay and looks pretty good today. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.

Some changes were made to try to address these problems late today, after about 5:00 pm Eastern time, so if you were having problems prior to that time, try again and see if the problems are less or are gone now.

StewartFan said:
StewartFan= Booo Hissss LOL, JK

Ah, Spring Time!

Amazing how you can fix reception problems, and go from a signal of 60 to 90! Just by cutting down the new budding tree limbs that have grown since install in Jan...what a bonehead I am.

Guess I just got lucky, I read all these bad PQ reviews, bad OTA problems, etc... I got
set up and running "great" right off the bat about 4 weks ago. My new Panasonic 60"
LCd projection monitor has one DVI input for which I use the VOOM, all my complonets are digital. I also have cable & Directv which I cannot hook up via DVI so I went S Video inputs... I would be disappointed if the VOOM PQ looked like the "non-digital" Directv & cable... GIGO... applies, perhaps those complaining about PQ are not using DVI...??? I do not like watching my cable or DTV anymore as the VOOM PQ is so much better on my system, even the OTA VOOM local channels are crisper & cleaner than cable of DTV, and the audio is no comparison. Sure, theres still several issues I'd like to see improve and I'm sure they will get to it, VOOM is only a baby, but this baby gives me more HDTV programing than anyone else and thats why I bought an HDTV..
Everyone "Hang in there" this too shall pass.............!!!

gonzalez6653 said:
Guess I just got lucky, I read all these bad PQ reviews, bad OTA problems, etc... I got
set up and running "great" right off the bat about 4 weks ago. My new Panasonic 60"
LCd projection monitor has one DVI input for which I use the VOOM, all my complonets are digital. I also have cable & Directv which I cannot hook up via DVI so I went S Video inputs... I would be disappointed if the VOOM PQ looked like the "non-digital" Directv & cable... GIGO... applies, perhaps those complaining about PQ are not using DVI...??? I do not like watching my cable or DTV anymore as the VOOM PQ is so much better on my system, even the OTA VOOM local channels are crisper & cleaner than cable of DTV, and the audio is no comparison. Sure, theres still several issues I'd like to see improve and I'm sure they will get to it, VOOM is only a baby, but this baby gives me more HDTV programing than anyone else and thats why I bought an HDTV..
Everyone "Hang in there" this too shall pass.............!!!
All the complaints were legitimate 2 months ago. Things have changed since then. Look at the dates of the posts.

The wife has been away visiting her mother the past couple days and I reverted to my old my old habit of falling asleep in front of the TV. I just wanted to comment on how incredible all the HD channels looked in the wee morning hours; waking up to Monsters-HD in the middle of the night Fri/Sat was nothing short of fantastic!

Anyway, is it me or is the PQ really better after midnight? It sure seemed noticably better IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts