Does anyone at Voom monitor picture quality?

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Does Voom have people monitor PQ? I mean actually sit and watch TV hooked to a Voom receiver like we do at home and look for problems? I was watching Anger Management on Starz West and in 90 minutes saw the whole gamut of problems -- stuttering, audio drop outs, lip synch problem, picture going black, pixellation, picture tearing up in the middle (like when you're watching a scratched DVD). Perfectly clear day and my sat signal quality is 97.

Please stop making it hard for us to give you money :(

From what I understand, they monitor that stuff from their control room.

DSC00011.jpg

It may be sunny and clear where you are, but what about the satellite uplinks? It rains there too. Interesting enough, they didn't locate their facility where there is a minimum of rain.

dledeaux said:
From what I understand, they monitor that stuff from their control room.

okay, next dumb question: do they DO anything about it?

Was watching Salem's Lot on TNTHD this morning (one of the better SK adaptation I've seen) and there were the same issues. arrgggggghhhh

barth2k said:
Does Voom have people monitor PQ? I mean actually sit and watch TV hooked to a Voom receiver like we do at home and look for problems? I was watching Anger Management on Starz West and in 90 minutes saw the whole gamut of problems -- stuttering, audio drop outs, lip synch problem, picture going black, pixellation, picture tearing up in the middle (like when you're watching a scratched DVD). Perfectly clear day and my sat signal quality is 97.

Please stop making it hard for us to give you money :(
Im going to try and not be negative here.. They monitor it, but there is not much they can do about it since the problems are mostly the firmware (*or so I have been told) but hopefully this will all get fixed soon before frustration really sets in...

--Thats semi positive right?

Going on my first week and haven't had a problem when it wasn't storming. PQ is crisp and clear. I am also not using the diplexer with two lines running from OTA and SAT, using a very high end DVI cable and viewing on a properly calibrated my Monitor. My opinion is the picture quality blows my mind. My signal strenght stays steady at 95. One time which was today I see some problems for a second and that was it. I have watched over 25 movies and parts of many others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts