AAD - Is Out of Business

I was looking at the Beam maps here and it appears that WNBC, WCBS and WABC from New York are on the CONUS beam. I wonder If you can give a New York Zip Code and Get those channels nationwide? Comments, thoughts?

My guess would be they'd take 'em down 6e/3 ampt...I'm also finding it a little hard to believe that Charlie doesn't have a backup already in place...its not like he hasn't been here b4...and hopefully the backup will be in HD.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dish is going straight downhill after this, they are never going to provide distant network again. I been in touch with customer service about this issue 24/7, if they really cared about their customers they would have done something before the closing date. I say in a matter of time that dish will be filing for bankruptcy.

Do not confuse your wishes with the vast majority of subscribers, who don't care about this. Very, very few sub'd to this.

I think there is large amount of people that sub to distant network, same thing like not everyone knows about satelliteguys website.

My guess would be they'd take 'em down 6e/3 ampt...I'm also finding it a little hard to believe that Charlie doesn't have a backup already in place...its not like he hasn't been here b4...and hopefully the backup will be in HD. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There's no money in it!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

there is no money in it for people that live in major cities like new york, los angeles, chicago, and atlanta. people who subscribe to this live in rural areas.

Dish is going straight downhill after this, they are never going to provide distant network again. I been in touch with customer service about this issue 24/7, if they really cared about their customers they would have done something before the closing date. I say in a matter of time that dish will be filing for bankruptcy.
The idea that this will lead to Dish filing for bankruptcy is laughable. I would wager that as soon as found out AAD was closing they ran the numbers with the results being that it would be more profitable to use the transponder space for something other than providing distant networks to the fraction of subs that actually legally qualify to receive them. Honestly, if it was profitable to offer this service, why would AAD be shutting down? Why wouldn't others have jumped to fill the service void by this deadline?

Frankly, it sucks for those that used and relied on this service, but try to keep the reality in perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So who has been attacked by a Directv sales man at a walmart?

A warning when deleting timers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)