AAD - Is Out of Business

I called dish and talked to some offshore rep. When I asked him how was this going to work with my motorhome. He told me that they would update my locals, but I would have call in as I travel. I can really see this working as I travel from dma to another all I have to do is call and they will update my service, yeah right.

I just returned from a two month trip from Colorado to Florida and back. I changed my location many times and never had any issues. And, yes, having a Hopper makes this a much better experience.

Wow. I have had distant networks in one form or another since day one, first New York and L. A., then Atlanta and San Francisco, and now back to New York. I remember watching New York locals on the morning of September 11. It's one of the reasons I have stayed with Dish for so long. No other provider can feed my local news habit.

I think we should all remember that we have not signed any contracts with local providers that say we can only watch stations in a local market area. For anyone to be limited by flatulent, overblown, narcissistic and fascist broadcast networks is morally and ethically wrong. It is also possibly censorship in that it limits us to information in local areas and under local control. Anyone that has distant network reception whether via satellite or powerful TV antenna knows the news is reported differently in different areas. Maintaining a free a knowledgeable population requires free flow of information. So called "Intellectual Property" Legislation
prevents that as do similar contracts and network policies. You don't realize this but we are losing an important resource. It really should be a requirement that distant broadcasts be available to everyone as this alone
brings equal treatment under the law. If a local station does not like it TOUGH.

I am in the Lubbock DMA. When Dish put up our locals in HD, they used the 61.5 Sat. Since I had AAD distant networks, I had a side dish installed to get 61.5 and added to a western arc ( 110, 119, 129 ) dish. Now that AAD is going out of business should I stay with my current set up with 2 dishes or should I switch to eastern arc and remove a dish.

I am in the Lubbock DMA. When Dish put up our locals in HD, they used the 61.5 Sat. Since I had AAD distant networks, I had a side dish installed to get 61.5 and added to a western arc ( 110, 119, 129 ) dish. Now that AAD is going out of business should I stay with my current set up with 2 dishes or should I switch to eastern arc and remove a dish.

What sat do your locals come from?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think we should all remember that we have not signed any contracts with local providers that say we can only watch stations in a local market area. For anyone to be limited by flatulent, overblown, narcissistic and fascist broadcast networks is morally and ethically wrong. It is also possibly censorship in that it limits us to information in local areas and under local control. Anyone that has distant network reception whether via satellite or powerful TV antenna knows the news is reported differently in different areas. Maintaining a free a knowledgeable population requires free flow of information. So called "Intellectual Property" Legislation
prevents that as do similar contracts and network policies. You don't realize this but we are losing an important resource. It really should be a requirement that distant broadcasts be available to everyone as this alone
brings equal treatment under the law. If a local station does not like it TOUGH.

Most station's web sites tend to have the local news clips available. You can catch up on local news in different areas with the internet.

Don't hold back, how do you really feel?? :D

I think we should all remember that we have not signed any contracts with local providers that say we can only watch stations in a local market area.
You're right, we haven't... We can put up an antenna in any location we want (while traveling, for instance) AND THEY CAN'T STOP US. Nah, nah, nah, na-na. But the cable and satellite companies have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you, I live in Hawaii and you should see our local station, its horrible. Our news programming sucks here and they are not even showing the Olympic games live at all. When superbowl was playing on tv, they played stupid ass local commericals, which was annoying here hearing some people speak pidign tv.

What sat do your locals come from?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would go along with that. Wait awhile and see what comes of it. By the way it appears that Dish can get you the Brazilian networks. If you speak Portugese it may be interesting to see what
is going on in the other big country in the Americas.

Tony

Like +1000! I pay the bill, it's nobody's damn business what I want to watch!

Like +1000! I pay the bill, it's nobody's damn business what I want to watch!

Locals arent keeping you from watching what you want. They're preventing cable/satcos from distributing the signal to everyone. :)

As mentioned, but up your own high powered OTA antenna. Or watch streamed newscasts. You don't have to pay locals anything for those.

Go EA.

I totally agree with you, I live in Hawaii and you should see our local station, its horrible. Our news programming sucks here and they are not even showing the Olympic games live at all. When superbowl was playing on tv, they played stupid ass local commericals, which was annoying here hearing some people speak pidign tv.
No one is showing the Olympics live. NBC has a contract for all of the USA to broadcast it. So they run it as they want by editing it for later playback.

I can watch the Olympics, live, at 4 AM. What I choose to do is record, on the Hopper, the events that interest me.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts