ABC and FOX NY HD feeds have a bad signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called to complain/get an answer for the audio lag as well. I got transfered to a couple differnet people, the last of which said that they know there is a problem, it is a broadcast problem, and they are working on it. They also said there was nothing they could do for me.

Keep fighting with them dentonpc, you will finally bug them enough to where they will send you another one.

I have been going through absolute HELL trying to get them to swap a receiver for me. Last week when I said that they had ordered me one, they didn't. I called back in on Monday to get a tracking number from them or atleast an order number. They tell me that it was never ordered and they would not order me one because I went through Value Electronics! When I gave them their (DTV's) receipt number the lady on the phone said that she "had no record of that" and kept telling me to call VE. The only time I ever dealt with VE was I was getting a price on a HDTivo, I am guessing when I did that they created a "pending account" for me, well when my stuff was installed through DirecTV and keep in mind I also purchased my things through DTV, they evidentially activated the "pending account" through VE. So everytime I call I get the run around and I go through this stuff everytime, and they say they will make a notation on my account to resolve the issue. So finally I call the number that charper posted and rang once and a guy picked up the phone on the first ring and apologized for everything I was going through and setup the swap, well I get the order number and this morning I checked my account on DTV's website and they sent me a REGULAR DVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I called back and told them what happened and they sent me around to 4 people and got me to the right person and she wanted to troubleshoot the problem YET AGAIN!!!! Then, get this, she tried to tell me that I ordered my equipment through VE and that she wasn't going to be able to help me at that point I asked her to read her notes. Then finally after convincing her of the issue she relented and being on the phone for over a hour she FINALLY ordered my receiver.

I love their service, PQ is better than Dish. But I have talked to their customer service more in the two weeks (not even two) than I did with 2 1/2 years with Dish. No one person can handle the same thing, it gets VERY frustrating.

Sorry for the length, I just wanted to vent.

I have a 360 and was just told that it is a known problem and there is no fix at the moment and they are working on it but the are not swapping receivers right now. I bought it through PC Richards so I may just take it back there. I got it in December so they should take it back.
They even said to try back tomorrow night, like they will have a fix by then. LOL

I am getting setup with D* as we speak and ESPNHD has lagging audio as well as FOXHD. Anyone else have this issue? All other HD channels are OK. I have the H10 box. I am hoping its a box issue, since a lot of other SD channels are very blotchy on my TV as well(PAX being the worse). When I hook back up the Comcast receiver everything on their digital and HD line-up look great on my TV...its got to be the receiver. D* told me to call VE to get it resolved since I did buy this from them.

if you search the threads, it has been widely reported that the new D* branded receivers with the series numbers ID'ing them as made by samsung & the samsungs themselves are doing this. it seems to be that specific.

I came across this forum while researching the lag/sync problems I'm experiencing on my H10 on FOX HD, via Sat-signal (thanks for all the good info BTW).

I called the number that charper posted (thanks charper) and the first guy I talked to sounded as if he was *trying* to play dumb - he quickly stated there have been no problems reported. I told him I had read on several forums about the samsung 360s and D* H10s having this problem - he then pretended to type some stuff while mumbling words: dvr... various model numbers... 7xx message etc. etc. I asked if they were planning a firmware/software upgrade and he said that updates were done at 2am (not sure why that would matter to me), that there were none planned, and that there were no plans to ship new units. **HE ACTUALLY SAID they weren't going to ship replacement units after denying there was a problem!!! :rolleyes:

I then spoke to a tier 2 tech who confirmed similar problems on other units but said he personally had not received any complaints on the H10 and asked me to hold so he could check with someone else. After about 90 seconds, he came back and stated he couldn't find a record of problems with H10s. He then walked me through a few troubleshooting steps (checking the cables, testing signal reception and then swapping the line in from another receiver). He said it had to be a problem with the unit; that the signal was obviously fine and told me he was going to ship me a new unit. :)

The only problem: He said it would most likely be the same type. :(

I bought my unit from BB, so I can only hope that the unit they ship me will have a new firmware or be a new version that doesn't have the problem. I asked "what if the new unit does the same thing?" He said it *should* fix the problem... I have my fingers crossed.

I'll be sure to post my results with the new receiver.

I can promise you that if I get another H10 I'll be calling back demanding either my money back on the receiver so I can go buy what I want or that they send me the RCA unit.

I noticed my Sammy 360 seems to be working tonight. Programs on ABC and Fox that once were distorted are perfect? Any insight. I hope the Samsung is fixed....? :)

I noticed they're much better as well. No chopiness, but audio still seems slightest bit off.

Still, much better though.

Its not just the Samsung, my 2 Panasonic TU-HDS20 are both working perfectly tonight, no sync. problems at all. Make me wonder if they where trying correct this first before giving us ESPN2 HD!!(something to think about, right?!!!!)

Samsung DIRECTV® Receiver/HD Tuner (SIR-TS360) problem

The Samsung DIRECTV® Receiver/HD Tuner (SIR-TS360) my neighbor has has no problems with dtv off satellite hdty stuff, all the ota is pixelating and signal stregth is all over the place, called dtv and they told me it is a software problem they are aware of it and it will be downloaded to all stb when it is ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts