ABC/Disney Authenticated Watch Apps now working for Dish Network Subscribers

I don't believe that is true anymore. I know that it is not true with Comcast or ATT Uverse internet only packages.

If I go to WatchESPN.com without logging in I get ESPN3 access and it says powered by Charter in the top right. This is with an internet only package from Charter.

Charter must be an exception. I know that it used to work here with both ATT Uverse and Comcast internet only packages as I used it on both at different times. This change with Uverse about 9 months ago. I tried on a friend's Comcast internet only package during college football season and it did not work on that either. I expect that as contracts come due they are making the change.

ESPN3 =/ Watch ESPN. ESPN3, I believe, is linked to your Internet provider. Watch ESPN is linked to your tv provider.

I don't think so anymore. When I type in ESPN3.com, I am redirected to WatchESPN. I believe that ESPN3 is part of WatchESPN now. In effect, WatchESPN includes simulcasts of their linear channels, plus online-only ESPN3 content.

With Dish, I am currently watching the Family Circle Cup tennis which is identified as ESPN3. So clearly Dish has arranged for it not to only be linked to ISP.

Capture.JPG

ESPN3 =/ Watch ESPN. ESPN3, I believe, is linked to your Internet provider. Watch ESPN is linked to your tv provider.

WatchESPN includes ESPN3 for dish customers. I'm watching "Tactical Cam" for the USA/Mexico friendly right now thanks to it. I've had ESPN3 by itself for a few years thanks to Frontier. Tonight, dish-enabled WatchESPN came in handy during "Survivor."

Nice having a backup.

Since I don't see a definite answer, can anyone with the welcome pack or smart pack see if they have ESPN3 access?

My brother has the Welcome Pack. He gets ESPN3 when logging into watch ESPN but no other networks.

I wish PS3 had a Watch ESPN app now...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I did not know you can watch Disney XD live online on the ATV3. I found out the other day. The PQ is amazing and they don't even show commercials instead extra stuff during the breaks instead of commercials on the sat/cable channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)